Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 10-02-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP4 View Post
Like others, I've been following this thread and waiting for good news on consistent delivery and positive endoresments of the cast SC before ordering.

To date, I've not seen that ... maybe I'm missing something?

If delivering SCs to the off-road M/C community is neither your core focus, nor key to your business model at this point in time, then maybe you shouldn't bother? If you think you're doing us a favour by letting us send you money for a product that has a pretty sketchy delivery schedule, and some reported issues, wow!

It may be the bomb, but unless you can deliver it as promised, I'll never know.

Given the history, I'll wait patiently and let others jump first ...

Just saying.
Yes you are missing something. What you hear on the forums are usually the problems. Rarely do we get to hear the good results here. What I can tell you is that we are over 90% satisfaction on the first run of cast carbs and even a little higher on the billets. I'm not asking for an endorsement, I am an enthusiast and have ridden bikes all my life, so rest assured we are not going anywhere. My point is we are a small start up company that is trying to do something good for the dirtbike community and stave off the DFI electronic bandwagon for as long as we can.

I refuse to deliver anything that is not as good as we can get it. That's the reason I halted production, we are now on a clear path and have made the corrective actions, and will be receiving updated articles in ten days. IF all that checks out we are back in production with the cast carbs. The billets are always available and we are selling lots of them, not because we are working overtime to upsale everybody that's waiting, it's because they work really well.

So, here's an update to an earlier question: 3beejay3, we are supposed to receive those new 38mm samples in 10 days. After we test those and prove them then we will go back into production with the cast series carbs. From there we are informed it will be 6 weeks to receive the parts for the 38's. THEN a tool change to 36's and another 6 weeks to recieve the 36mm parts. I know this has been a frustrating long process for everybody and especially us, so I do regret the continual delays. Our goal is to make these perfect as possible. My best guess is we will have cast 36mm carbs by February.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyd View Post
Yes you are missing something. What you hear on the forums are usually the problems. Rarely do we get to hear the good results here. What I can tell you is that we are over 90% satisfaction on the first run of cast carbs and even a little higher on the billets. I'm not asking for an endorsement, I am an enthusiast and have ridden bikes all my life, so rest assured we are not going anywhere. My point is we are a small start up company that is trying to do something good for the dirtbike community and stave off the DFI electronic bandwagon for as long as we can.

I refuse to deliver anything that is not as good as we can get it. That's the reason I halted production, we are now on a clear path and have made the corrective actions, and will be receiving updated articles in ten days. IF all that checks out we are back in production with the cast carbs. The billets are always available and we are selling lots of them, not because we are working overtime to upsale everybody that's waiting, it's because they work really well.

So, here's an update to an earlier question: 3beejay3, we are supposed to receive those new 38mm samples in 10 days. After we test those and prove them then we will go back into production with the cast series carbs. From there we are informed it will be 6 weeks to receive the parts for the 38's. THEN a tool change to 36's and another 6 weeks to recieve the 36mm parts. I know this has been a frustrating long process for everybody and especially us, so I do regret the continual delays. Our goal is to make these perfect as possible. My best guess is we will have cast 36mm carbs by February.
Are you guys ISO? Can't blame you for wanting to get it right!!!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 10-03-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Are you guys ISO? Can't blame you for wanting to get it right!!!
Yes, for our products and certification labs. There is tremendous liability in fuel systems. And emissions certifications.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:28 AM

Cool

Quote:
Thanks for updating Coreyd,
now I know that I can expect a carb not before end of November, maybe later, not knowing my position in the waiting list. As my order(38mm cast) runs since August 19th "up to 90 days for delivery" is not possible.
This fact is OK, as delays can happen and so on. As a customer that has prepayed I just would expect to be informed not by accidentally reading in a forum but by an dedicated e-mail or newsletter.
I can live with the delay better than with a compromised product. So please take your time, but keep me informed.

Best regards,
Erhard

http://ergraute-enduro-greise.de/mitglieder/g-erhacht/
Old 11-22-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhard View Post
I can live with the delay better than with a compromised product. So please take your time, but keep me informed.

Best regards,
Erhard
Erhard yes we have more updates we will post soon and will provide phone calls where applicable. In the meantime please check out our recently released SmartCarb tuning video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAnK4qSlowQ
Old 12-02-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Erhard yes we have more updates we will post soon and will provide phone calls where applicable. In the meantime please check out our recently released SmartCarb tuning video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAnK4qSlowQ
At your final setting that thing burbled like crazy a 1/8 throttle. That's where a guy spends most of his time in flowing single track. This is why my $1000 carb has sat on the bench for a year and a half. Is there a fix for that?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:13 AM

My keen perception detects a little bitterness on your part. You paid too much, for one thing.
I ran a 38mm die-cast SmartCarb on my clapped-out, high-mileage 2011 GG EC250 and loved it, mostly because I wasn't constantly worried my throttle would stick wide open. That's happened to me too many times with Keihin-equipped machines, the last time destroying my tibia plateau and causing 11 months of recovery. Now I have it on my 2014 Beta 250RR. With the great customer service from Corey, I've worked through some minor issues and made some adjustments. I love it! Actually, I love my Beta and my SmartCarb.
My fuel mileage is great. The bike runs great. And I'm not worried my carb will try to kill me.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnut View Post
My keen perception detects a little bitterness on your part. You paid too much, for one thing.
I ran a 38mm die-cast SmartCarb on my clapped-out, high-mileage 2011 GG EC250 and loved it, mostly because I wasn't constantly worried my throttle would stick wide open. That's happened to me too many times with Keihin-equipped machines, the last time destroying my tibia plateau and causing 11 months of recovery. Now I have it on my 2014 Beta 250RR. With the great customer service from Corey, I've worked through some minor issues and made some adjustments. I love it! Actually, I love my Beta and my SmartCarb.
My fuel mileage is great. The bike runs great. And I'm not worried my carb will try to kill me.
With exchange shipping and taxes that's what it cost to get to Canada. I'm not bitter just would like to have it work correctly that's all. Watch the video that thing is super fat as he rolls on the throttle. In tight single track that right where you are at most of the day. Can't go fast if the bike falls on its face as you roll on out of a slippery corner.
Make sure your air boot is not rubbing on the spring it's a real close on my Beta 300.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

The "secret" to making your SmartCarb work well is, balancing the mixture knob and the idle screw settings.

People tend to mess with the mixture knob way too much, thinking it's a fix all.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminhammer View Post
Make sure your air boot is not rubbing on the spring it's a real close on my Beta 300.
Jan bought a 250, so the intake is shorter by the thickness of the intake spacer and gaskets on your 300.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters