Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-14-2023, 08:05 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have a Cardo Packtalk bold and a Cardo Edge. They are not cheap but they have great sound and their technology is truly impressive. Many reviews say the Cardo units are the best on the market. I am an engineer and I am into stereo equipment. I believe the Cardo Edge and Palktalk Bold are AWESOME!

So far I use mine for street and adventure riding on my R1200GSA. I can simultaneously listen to music, talk to other riders in my group, hear GPS directions and I can receive phone calls. They have great noise canceling too. I have been on work phone calls riding 50mph and the person said the sounds was great and they had no idea I was riding my motorcycle.

Cardo has regular app and firmware updates. The app has many different settings and adjustments for fine tuning mic levels, speaker levels, noise reduction, individual source levels, EQ settings and it allows you to add other riders that use SENA / blue tooth communications devices.

The Cardo system uses a mesh network that extends the range of the group by linking through the other riders in the group.

Battery life is very good and we have found the range for two riders is about a 1/8 mile but it does get reduced if you have hills and significant obstacles between riders.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:48 AM

I have been reading about the Cardo ones, just didn?t know which model. I was curious about the real world use of them. I think it would be pretty awesome honestly.