Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:38 PM

Default Burn out

I can't believe it, but I think I'm actually burnt out on racing for the next little bit. Since I returned from Europe on September 21, I've ridden a grand total of 4 times (once was racing) and I haven't ridden at all in almost 3 weeks. The weather has been nice, conditions are great for fall riding, but I honestly just haven't been interested in riding. Part of it is my foot still hurts from Greece and I'm worried about it wrecking my snowboarding plans this winter. But part of it is after busting my ass for almost 2 years for the ISDE, I'm just tired. I've also just moved to a new place in Rossland (about 6km from my old place) and am enjoying being 22 and single. Last Sunday instead of riding I spent the day working on my bikes, including getting the 200 winterized. My 250 is prepped and ready to ride/race, and I could go racing this Sunday. Not too sure if I'll go racing yet, but I do think I'll go for a ride on Sunday, provided the weather is nice.

So, do you guys ever get burnt out on riding/racing? I know I'm definitely looking forward to winter and not thinking about racing for a few months. Then I know I'll be pumped for the 09 racing season!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:55 PM

No, I used to snowboard 100 times a year. Now I'd rather ride in the dirt.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:35 PM

I think part of it may be from injuries this year: concussion, broken nose, pulled a bunch of muscles in my lower back and broke my foot and screwed up the tendons in my right foot.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

I know lots of former racers that have lost their passion for play riding, especially six days guys. I ride for one reason and one reason only FUN.Not to say that I'm not competitive, I'm super competitive.Now I'm not talking about you in particular but some guys need to lighten up at the end of the line who really gives a #@^ how many hunks of cheap plastic you acquired through dilligence and spending loads of cash on a childish pursuit.I really started to enjoy play riding alot more after I gave up racing.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:06 PM

I got burnt out last year Speedy. Gasgasman & myself live here in Houston and most races are 4 to 10 hours away. That plus the added cost of gas really pushed me to slow my racing down this past year. I only raced 3 times this past year vs. 10 times, and one of those was the National in Minnesota which I bombed badly. So yeah it happens to lot's of us for various reasons. It became more like a job vs. a hobby.

I think this year we are going to come out of retirement and give them hell!

Boom
Old 10-25-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
No, I used to snowboard 100 times a year. Now I'd rather ride in the dirt.

Hell If I was stuck on a snowboard, I'd rather go riding myself!
Fortunately I'm a life time skier whos was blessed to be born in "that time before snowboards" Come to think of it I was blessed to be born in the "time before quads too!"
Try two planking it!! Free your feet ... free your mind!!

on a little side note .. I've noticed that there are some very similar sensations between riding a motorcycle and skiing. when you think about it the attack position on a bike isn't too far off from an aggresssive skiing position. dirtbikes and skiing both have the same kind of flowing movement and share a similar body position. there have been times when i'm zipping around trees on my bike and it is a bit like skiing.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:53 PM

Skid- I spent 13 years on skis and was quite good, got on a snowboard and never looked back. Sideways is where it is at!
Old 10-25-2008, 09:07 PM

traitor!!
next thing you know you will be telling us you got a ktm!!
Old 10-25-2008, 09:35 PM

Them KTM kwads are mitee purty
Old 10-26-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
Skid- I spent 13 years on skis and was quite good, got on a snowboard and never looked back. Sideways is where it is at!
I started skiing when I was two, switched to snowboarding at age 10 and haven't looked back (I'm almost 23 now).

I went for a fun ride by myself today. And you know what, it was AWESOME! No pressure, just rode at a fun place, rode some great trails and had a ball. So much so I might do it again next weekend.

I love racing, but I do find it wears on me. I'm pretty sure I won't be racing the ISDE next year (financial reasons) so I think I may just do races that interest me and spend more time just riding. Well, that might go out the window as I'm debating on doing the Romaniacs next year....

(I may be a little burnt out, but come spring I'm sure I'll be itching to get back to riding/racing)