Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:03 PM

It wont matter what year 200 but thats your best bet. The CDI will not affect the lighting at all. I do not know anyone with a 200 CDI.

Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:30 AM

I just bought a 300 ec -07 and had the same problem. My solution was to clean the hoses to the carb and powervalve. Another guy had same problem and it was also the hose to the powervalve. that was clogged. ( Sorry if i write in bad english)
Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 AM

Cool

hi all I just had that problem the other weekend on my 07 ec300 i pulled out carby reset float levels checked for foreign matter in carb reassembled then i made sure there was freeplay on the throttle once this was done i had my monster back for some reason it came from the factory with no freeplay in the throttle

Hope this helps
also i have not changed any jetting from factory and i ride from 200 to 1500 metres
Old 02-02-2009, 02:37 AM

Smile

Hi to everyone, I have finally got to the bottom of my problem with the bike, after all my expense and time. It was the silencer/muffler, I opened it up to discover it was bunged up, I took out all the internals and took it out (very loud though), what a difference, power wheelies in first, second and third then I bottled out, the rev range is now massive with power from the start to the finish, it really does fly now. Look out yzf 426.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:00 AM

jeez now my 06 300 is doing the same thing,after not riding it since november last year,it runs like the choke is on on the top end,it idles fine,throttle response is great,it just has no nut and really loads up,havent done anything to it since november. I started out cleaning the carb four times,but its seems like a very rich condition,so if anything was clogged wouldnt that lean it out? I then took off the air filter and tried it,then the pipe,heated it and burned any carbon to make sure there werent any blockages,same with the silencer,took off my P/V cover and made sure it moved when you revved up the bike,changed out the carb from my 05 200 and it ran the same,checked my ground for the voltage regulator and my coil wire/spark plug wire,and changed out the spark plug!! any more ideas??? I ended up preppeing my 05 200 with the carb from the 300 and raced that instead on sunday,but would still like to find out why it wont rev out at all
Old 02-05-2009, 01:48 AM

Smile

fury1, I had all of the same problems as you and I tried every remedy as have you but with no progress, this went on for months, to the point where i rebuilt the engine, changed the needle and main, changed the carb from my ktm. Up untill a week ago when I took out all of the packing material from the silencer and left it empty. I then started the bike, As usual it ran perfectly low and middle then it bogged on high but I held it there on full twist just playing the throttle to where I could hear its highest rev ( just an gnats cock before full twist) and every now and again it would rev a little more and a tiny bit of exhaust packing would spit out of the pipe a the longer this went on the higher it reved up until it was as crisp as a 2 stroke should be and it reved to the sky. Im talking cr250 snap on the top end now and massive torque to boot.
NB. prior to this I tried removing the silencer all together and taking it for a spin but this made no difference. I hope this helps as I know how anoying it can be.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:05 PM

I have tried taking apart the silencer and confirming there is no blockage and packing is still fresh,when I took off the left and right P/V covers it had a ton of oily fuel in there? it feels like it is running very very rich,as if the choke is on when trying to rev it out,it just blubbers and nothing changes and the bike just moves and shifts fine,but no power at all on top end! my 200 on the other hand runs great!!
Old 08-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Any luck?
I was reading this post and wondered how you got on?
Cheers Mark
Old 03-16-2011, 04:43 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

do you think your carb could have the choke sticking open?
Old 04-21-2011, 09:02 PM

Default my wild 300 doing the same thing

for some reason it was fine one weekend then the next it ran like crap on the top end just bog bog bog, every now and then it would pick up just a lil then keep bogging. I will inspect hopefully monday. just to make sure i understand correctly he is the check list that i should follow from reading this post.
1. clogged pipe
2. reeds/ dirty carb
3. carb drain lines/ pv drain line
4. cdi/ ignition
any thing else i am missing would be greatly appreciated.