Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm_enduro View Post
Any specs on the ignition and electronic powervalve? Programable or 2 stage ignition? How about the powervalve, will it have adjustability with a switch or maps pre-installed? Better yet, any chance the powervalve opens in steps or progressively, as opposed to the standard open/shut and the 6+ hp jump over a few hundred rpm?
Slow down there TM! I don't have the answers to any of those questions yet but I know who does. I will try to have an answer for you next week.
I can tell you that pre production 250 I rode in July was incredibly smooth and very strong.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Slow down there TM! I don't have the answers to any of those questions yet but I know who does. I will try to have an answer for you next week.
I can tell you that pre production 250 I rode in July was incredibly smooth and very strong.
Clay, thanks for the response. Smooth (no hit) and strong are what I am looking for. I am a former AA rider, and ride standing up most of the time, I have gravitated towards 125s and big 4Ts, because I never liked the feel of a 250/300 when it came on the pipe (PV open) and I am slaloming a greasy trail, only to have the backend jump sideways and start spinning... For the record, I liked the older 350-500cc 2T's w/o a powervalve.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 AM

Electronic PV control via servo/stepper motor is not beyond the reach of the GG engineers (or aftermarket) and could be retrofitted cleanly on a GG motor in particular. Integrated with the CDI, you could have exaclty what you want as far as linear power.

For those that fear electronics, there is plenty of room to revisit and improve the linearity of the mechanical "fly ball" governer design. Perhaps replace it with a small hydraulic pump (like a 4stroke oil pump) that will work against a light spring loaded PV. Something more linear and with greater range of operation, not prone to large operational swings from mfg. tolerances.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Someone on here want to have a go at doing something up? I'd be keen to put a few $$ towards development.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 PM

If I had the time it would be a fun project. Actually a member here (blitz22) designed and built a very nice CDI prototype, more advanced than the Kokusan. We talked about this, adding a PV controller. I remember asking for a governer for him to study and derive the actuation curve. I guess he got busy with real work projects. The nice thing about the electronic option is you can make it open exactly as you want and match the ignition curve. So, if you have a multi map ignition you have a multi map PV as well. The problem I see as an aftermarket part is mfg enough to keep the price down. The PV controller/CDI could be generic for all Kokusan fired 2strokes, and the actuator interface brand specific.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Hoping that Sherco is the company that finally brings a stepper / servo motor on PV to market. This could greatly reduce the 2T hit and possibly give the engine a 4T like smoothness.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 AM

That combined with a smart carb could be quite the combo.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Banned

My son, Zach, just finished our new Sherco website. www.shercooffroad.com
I would love to hear your opinions, pros and cons. Send them to my email address. clay@ggor.us.
The 300i Race we had air freighted here is supposed to be at the Nashville airport today. I plan to post more detailed photos of the bike on the site.
Jeff has agreed to create a Sherco forum for us after the first of the year. I'm very excited about this since he does such a good job with this one.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 AM

My husband is going to be on the market for a 2 stroke 300 sometime soon. When will there be specs for those 2T shercos?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
My husband is going to be on the market for a 2 stroke 300 sometime soon. When will there be specs for those 2T shercos?
I hope to have pricing and all of the specs by the end of January.