Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:34 AM

He will ride for KTM in the big bore class with Knighter's bike. He's leaving KTM.

Last edited by Vindicator; 12-05-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:44 PM

Would be sweet if DK came over and signed with GG..... as long as he doesn't trash talk them if it doesn't go well.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyo View Post
Would be sweet if DK came over and signed with GG..... as long as he doesn't trash talk them if it doesn't go well.
No way that will happen! He Is setting up his own team, doesn't want to be told what to do anymore I suppose and is also probably thinking to the future..
Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Too bad about Cervantes, but the future looks bright with Danny McCanney.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cberg View Post
Too bad about Cervantes, but the future looks bright with Danny McCanney.
Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be like Nambotim where he had to switch brands to become world champion . GG needs to be more professional on what concerns providing trusty equipment to the riders.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 AM

So, what's going on with GG ? There's a rumor that things are not looking too bright for the enduro team . Almost all other teams have presented their official squads but not GG. There's even the possibility of GG not entering the Spanish enduro championship !!!! Will Guillaume stay with the 300 ? What about Danny ?
I don't like the looks of it...
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd5774 View Post
No way that will happen! He Is setting up his own team, doesn't want to be told what to do anymore I suppose and is also probably thinking to the future..
David Knight competition debut on a Honda

Is winning EWC as much of a big deal in marketing terms as it used to be ?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Dirt Bike's quote about Gas Gas' weight will cost more sales than Cervantes leaving.
This statement is true FACT!! The fact that a 300 Gas Gas without electric start is so HEAVY scares me. I have no time on my bike but the little I do (12 300) I do not feel it. I am normally a top 20 overall enduro finisher and first to 3rd in my class (sen A) or Vet A (I'm 47) but we shall see next race season. I went from a Husky 150 to this Gasser. The little time I have on it I like it. But there is NO excuse why it is so heavy. It is pretty and has all high end parts so I undersatand some of the weight. A KTM is light because it is a POS and that is why a Husky or Gasser is a little heavier. Buy I am sure you are right ALOT of people will AVOID the bike just because of that........
Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM

The sand cast motor is heavy, thats why you see it on the scale and don't feel it on the trail. Its also why they are so bulletproof, and can tolerate abuse in extreme conditions. More mass there. When you weave through a bunch of steaming pumpkins and claw to the top of that long muddy hill you will be glad for that extra mass in the motor. Beleive me I see it in Hancock every year. Realistically this is a good thing for most amature racers, but it looks bad on paper. If they make a nice, tight die cast motor with thin light cases and water jackets, it will be no different than the POS KTMs you mentioned.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman45 View Post
This statement is true FACT!! The fact that a 300 Gas Gas without electric start is so HEAVY scares me. I have no time on my bike but the little I do (12 300) I do not feel it. I am normally a top 20 overall enduro finisher and first to 3rd in my class (sen A) or Vet A (I'm 47) but we shall see next race season. I went from a Husky 150 to this Gasser. The little time I have on it I like it. But there is NO excuse why it is so heavy. It is pretty and has all high end parts so I undersatand some of the weight. A KTM is light because it is a POS and that is why a Husky or Gasser is a little heavier. Buy I am sure you are right ALOT of people will AVOID the bike just because of that........
It sounds like we have similar results and I ride VetA also. I am sure you will not have any problems..