Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:12 PM

Default 2007 ec 200 wiring mess

just got hold of an ec 200 and see this mess when fitting a trail tech vapour bout to look for the wiring harness diagram so should set some light on it a little, think I seen one on gg site... any info on the yellow wire in my fingers would be cool and the box sitting on the mud guard what is It? 20160530_070226.jpg
couldn't see any wire colours on the wiring diagram so any help would be much appreciated!!
all good think I got it sorted!!
except for the little wire in my fingers!!!!!

Last edited by jason tati; 05-29-2016 at 05:06 PM.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Yellow wires are 12V AC - not sure where the one you are holding has come from though.

Any other pics of the unit on the fender. Looks similar to the voltage regulator. Not sure where they are mounted on that model though. Also doesn't seem to be earthed. Could also be AC flasher relay for indicators but hard to tell just from pics.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:58 PM

cheers jakobi for reply
yep pretty sure its a volt reg both wires go to horn from what I can see,, yellow and grey goin in red blk out..no actual markings on unit only a name something like benelli espanol... still got me fucked what the little yellow bugger is I got hold of there is nothing to match it to... argh no matter so how hard is it to get the original dash for these things?
Old 05-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

No idea what speedo came stock on the 07 vintage. Others will likely be able to provide some advice.

The later models do use Gas Gas branded Trailtech gear (Vector/Vapor depending on years). These can be had reasonably cheap.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:01 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Yellow wires are 12V AC - not sure where the one you are holding has come from though.

Any other pics of the unit on the fender. Looks similar to the voltage regulator. Not sure where they are mounted on that model though. Also doesn't seem to be earthed. Could also be AC flasher relay for indicators but hard to tell just from pics.
Yes it can be a voltage regulator, but it's not looking my 06 OEM one.
The OEM one does not have that many wires.

The position on my 06 (and I presume on the 07 as well) is at one of the ignition coils screws like this:

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 05-30-2016, 04:15 AM

well well looks like I got a volt reg down at the coil didn't check to see if it had number to id its input output so the other box may well be the blink relay!! went in to the local gg dealer seen a trail tech book,, looks like the numb nuts that had the thing before me has got the wrong trail tech seen as there are ones that come out on later models think it was 202-101 number bout to look at trail tech site now to see what they are worth!!

oh thanks for the reply lads!!!
Old 05-30-2016, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Thinking about this a bit more.

I wonder if someone has tried to connect a DC horn up and the box is to convert the AC over (bridge rectifier). Could have come from the factory like that too.

Haven't seen anything similar in my time though, but I don't know jack when it comes to electrics either. The indicators do use an AC flasher relay though, usually leonelli branded OEM.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:56 AM

master jakobi
indicators it must be leonelli rings a bell its dark here at the moment so will ava look tomorrow fire it up hook em up and see what happens prob should have done that earlier but didn't want to short out wiring. im confident we have the solution... all bar that little yellow fucker will hook up the multi meter to that bugger and find what its pushin..

thanks for ya time lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2016, 01:04 PM

sorry i just saw this, i gave away a whole loom just the other day, and im in TSV, could have got it to ya, sorry.....
hope you get it going should be up that way again soon.
the little box is a regulator of sorts i think, but its for the horn, that im sure, (gray and yellow wires from memory) my 04 and both 09 had the same., the flasher relay on my older ones was much larger and under the seat in the airbox next to cdi.
yellow wire your holding,im not sure..... but all mine had a white wire next to the yellow that went no where. it ended just near the head stem, but under the tank, inside the frame....

Last edited by lonetree; 05-30-2016 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added more details.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:30 PM

lone tree is in with the win I would reckon,,
crew there ya go a little bit of info for ya will fire it up when the rain stops so could be a week away... but lonetree your right I think.. grey / yell goin in i had figured it was the horn and had connected it up but,, to be sure to be sure

thanks all for ya in put much appreciated