Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Help us make this place the best it can be!

Old 09-10-2010, 02:36 PM

At www.dirtbikeworld.net we use ilisys.com.au

They run us on a server cluster that ensures up time and rarely have a problem. DBW has 80 million page views a year so it is a sizeable vbulletin forum.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
Jeff,

Shared hosting is very cheap, like $5/month if paid for 3 years. If you are thinking of going that route I can certainly answer any questions you may have. I have about 5 sites using www.jaguarpc.com.
Yep - I have an account at dotster for $5.95 a month too - but the sql database bandwidth required by this site would require a virtual private server to provide adequate performance and it is $36 per month.

I will switch over to this in the near future - the linux server in my garage is getting pretty old and, in addition, my dsl connection to my home is sometimes the bottleneck.

jeff
Old 09-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Yep - I have an account at dotster for $5.95 a month too - but the sql database bandwidth required by this site would require a virtual private server to provide adequate performance and it is $36 per month.

I will switch over to this in the near future - the linux server in my garage is getting pretty old and, in addition, my dsl connection to my home is sometimes the bottleneck.

jeff
I imagine that the site requires some bandwidth, but you do get a some significant bandwidth with shared hosting. Shared or VPS at least means that someone else has your back keeping the hardware and OS up to date. I don't think any of us want the cost coming out of your pocket.

Guys, keep that in mind and help support this site!