Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 08-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default lowering link on the 07

can i run the ltr 124's on the 07 ?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Yes. Too tall for you?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Yes. Too tall for you?
at 5'6"... every bike is a little tall for me.. i put the ltr 124's on the 01 and really liked the results.. I can tip toe on it now, just some of the crap we ride it is nice to be able to get a foot down at times..

i have always ended up lowering everything... i usually can get by with around an inch.. I am really working on keeping my feet up on the pegs no matter what after the broken ankle last year..
Old 08-03-2011, 09:08 PM

I have a set of LTR 124s That I would like to swap for a stock pair. If they would fit on my 03 EC300.They were on my bike when I bought it . And a little extra lift wouldnt hurt me any.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycrazy View Post
I have a set of LTR 124s That I would like to swap for a stock pair. If they would fit on my 03 EC300.They were on my bike when I bought it . And a little extra lift wouldnt hurt me any.
i have the stock 122's off my 01....how about i send them to you, you swap and send back the 124's..

i still have your address...

jay
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 PM

JMO, but I would not do it to an '07, as the rear is lower than the early bikes the links were designed for. In addition to lowering the static ride height, they also place more leverage on the spring, causing you to use the first few inches of travel faster, effectively making the rear ride lower on average. Great on the older bikes though that were more tail high.

I would shorten the shock a few mm to drop the rear instead, and do the fork to match to preserve the steering.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
JMO, but I would not do it to an '07, as the rear is lower than the early bikes the links were designed for. In addition to lowering the static ride height, they also place more leverage on the spring, causing you to use the first few inches of travel faster, effectively making the rear ride lower on average. Great on the older bikes though that were more tail high.

I would shorten the shock a few mm to drop the rear instead, and do the fork to match to preserve the steering.
i read that in the suspension data base... since my first ride i have done just that..so we will give it a go.. i have the forks right on the bars now so that is as far as i can go..without raising the bars..
waycrazy... if you want the stockers i will be glad to send them to you..
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
at 5'6"... every bike is a little tall for me.. i put the ltr 124's on the 01 and really liked the results.. I can tip toe on it now, just some of the crap we ride it is nice to be able to get a foot down at times..

i have always ended up lowering everything... i usually can get by with around an inch.. I am really working on keeping my feet up on the pegs no matter what after the broken ankle last year..
I am a similar height, and weigh 70kgs. I have found a softer rear spring helps a fair bit, though I do have race sag set at around 105mm, which is pretty normal. Having had various lowering links on my previous kdx, i would be reluctant to go down that path with the gg. These bikes (mine is also an '07) steer so nicely, especially when standing, and fitting lowering links alters the rake so much that it can't be compensated for sufficiently by dropping the forks.
I know exactly what you mean by wanting to put your foot down sometimes - I ride with a tall friend who has an xr250, and sometimes envy those great gangly flailing legs as he paddles his way up impossibly slippery rocky greasy hills while sitting on his arse. ( you gotta love those xr's)!!
My solution is to work on the top 2 inches and forget about the bottom 2 inches. i.e get your head to recognise the capabilities of the "consumate trials rider, lurking within". After all, your legs only need to reach as far as the pegs, which they can easily do - anything below that is of little concern!!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:26 PM

great points Barry.. I was pretty amazed at how good this bike turns.. it is way better than the 01 i have now.. i dont want to do anything to change that for sure.. Just got to take a Shane Watts class.. it was awesome on the basics we have all learned wrong... my riding "position" and corners have gotten alot better.. confidence is growing also.. the "inner trials rider" is getting there....."oh great.... a rut.... this will be awesome..."
this is the "crap" i am referring to.. of course it is not every minute on every trail ride, but you get the picture.. both of these are taken from the same place waiting on the kid on the kdx whos is stuck...

i am the shortest one in my group.. my buddy who rides a wr450 sets flat footed, both sides...

fun little hill jump..

Old 08-04-2011, 04:36 PM

oh.. and the hill jump picture... this is at lake mackenzie, by tulia tx.. G has rode there.. i am the short one in the picture.. the other guy is Johnny, who also rides a 02 gg 300..
this day, there was a huge rain about a week before and big ruts.. we came to this hill, which i will admit, the first time it was spooky.. done correct, you leave the ground about 6' from the top and fly over.. it is sweet..
we came to this hill, there were 3 guys pushing their bikes up a rutted hill.. we stopped and talked to them for a minute, i told them there was an easier way up, just a second and i would show them... Johnny kinda smiled, fired his 300 up and launched up that hill... there is no run at it at all.. you got to go.
one of the guys lookd at his buds and said..."see... i told you there was no other way up" and walked back over and started pushing their bikes up the rutted trail...
still giggle about it..