Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:45 AM

Default 2012 clutch cover cross over ?

Over in the 2012 thread, Clay wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
the clutch cover is a hard plastic with a "v" shape molded into the inside of it. The point of the "v" corresponds with the center of the hub/basket. At the point of the "v" there is a small funnel that channels oil directly into the center of the basket. More/different holes were added to the fingers of the basket to allow the oil funneled into the basket to escape. I was told by the GG tech guys that this cover would fit older models and made a significant difference in durability and clutch action. I think it will fix the squeal some riders have experienced, too.
Clay
Thanks for explaining that. I was wondering about that shape, since I have a clutch cover fetish.

Any idea which years this will fit?
Will this will fit all the way back to my 2001 model?

I'd put my old one for a star on the Christmas tree, maybe.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 AM

Default could be...

I did a little screwing around on GoFasters to check this out. Their new parts finder is vastly improved since the last time I tried it. Previously, I found it much easier to just pick up the phone and call them. They are plenty helpful.

Anyway, it looks like the cover gasket ME25644003, clutch boss ME25632005 and pressure plate ME25632006 all remained the same between 2001 and 2011. So, that looks promising that the groovy newfangled cover might work way back into the older years. The covers have different part numbers, but maybe only for the graphics. It's possible the covers' critical interior dimensions (if there are any) are the same.

Just guessing here, with a hint of bump.

-Dean
2001 xc300
Old 09-27-2011, 08:52 AM

Will it fit the 2011's ?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

From eyeballing the '012 cover.
Looks like there's a V chamber in the top half of the cover that catches fluid that is slung off the clutch basket.
The fluid is the "dripped" on to the center of the clutch hub.

This is a trick use by automobile manufacturers on front trans axle cars that can be flat towed.