Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 01-11-2015, 07:56 PM

Thanks again guys! Will pull and look at plug tomorrow. At least then we should know if it's rich or lean. BTW....the plug that died a little while ago looked "text book perfect"....just was "dead"....like an internal short.

One other thing....I noticed this at deep dusk. Today in the sunlight I could not tell it was glowing....but I did not run it that long. It was overcast and as the sun set it was obvious. I do not think it possible that I never noticed this in several years and I've ridden at night many, many times.

More after I pull the plug!
Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:10 AM

ok, have not had time to pull the plug. What I did do was go get some Techron fuel injector cleaner and dump a couple ounces in her. I started her up and she idled fine as always. I rode around the yard and she cut off. Would not start back up. I put the battery charger on and waited about 1/2 hour. Hit the button and she fired right up. After about 45 seconds to a minute the exhaust note changed noticeably. I took her out and up and down the road and everything seems back to normal! WTF?

So, I'll report back as things develop. The exhaust pipe was not glowing and she ran fine during the test ride.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and please, all thoughts are most welcome!
Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Search for the wife's new bike has ended, lowered the 450 and 300....she's got a choice now! We're good!
Old 01-23-2015, 09:24 AM

Update....still not pulled the plug. I've ridden her around a couple 6-10 mile trips with no issues. I think I've fixed it by not riding her in the dusk. Can't see it in the daytime.

Seriously, my buddy who is a Triumph mechanic at a dealership (where I got her) said it's probably ok and I never noticed it before. He also said that if I bring her down he'll look at the exhaust temp. He said "it could be as high as 1250 degrees (I think) and he'd expect that thin pipe to glow in the dark.

I'll pull the plug when I get a chance.
Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged
Old 02-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Perfectly normal for it to glow red
Old 02-13-2015, 12:50 AM

Hey Nick, thanks! I am sorry it took so long to see your reply. Been busy and have not checked back in. I appreciate you taking the time to ease my mind. She has been running fine. I got paranoid when she killed the plug and then when I replaced it I noticed the pipe glowing *^&*%^*&^(%^$......it was at deep dusk....

Ed

'05 450 FSE
'04 EC300
Street legal and tagged