Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 12-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Glenn I'm not sure but seems there have been issues for some on 2008 and newer. Before that never heard a squawk (joking pun intended) from anyone.

My 04 and 06 never a problem or noise. My 08 2 seasons then toast and 11, toast after 1 season. I'd just think it was me killing it if I hadn't heard other similar occurrences, or maybe I am hard on em, we do race and ride some pretty gnarly stuff around here.

However the basket material does look a bit more porous on the 11 then I remember.

Who knows, but 'm gonna try out a Barnett, got one on the way for a killer deal out of Florida. $173 shipped.

I still think no company offers a more solid, better handling, do it all, 300 2 stroke.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 12-06-2011, 08:53 PM

Me thinks its a vendor issue. The '12 basket is said to be hard coated and with better oil flow. Bet its $$ though when finally available. The clutch cover on the '12 is a good idea.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:29 PM

Great winter weather here so far for riding. It would fun to take advantage before it gets sloppy wet and snow at low levels.

Any word on a Meet-N-Greet soon or thinking Spring?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:22 PM

I was hoping to make this when I first read about it, but something has since come up, or out...or off...

I spose I could take my '05, but this has me scrambling a little bit in what little spare time I have. Unless, of course anyone out there wants to trade an ec 300 for an '05 450?

Maybe I'll catch the next ride. Have fun.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:14 PM

Ouch........that looks ugly
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 12-19-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Low View Post
I was hoping to make this when I first read about it, but something has since come up, or out...or off...

I spose I could take my '05, but this has me scrambling a little bit in what little spare time I have. Unless, of course anyone out there wants to trade an ec 300 for an '05 450?

Maybe I'll catch the next ride. Have fun.
Bummer, you may have some time before the next Gas Gas Meet n Greet. keep us informed on your progress.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
Great winter weather here so far for riding. It would fun to take advantage before it gets sloppy wet and snow at low levels.

Any word on a Meet-N-Greet soon or thinking Spring?
Russ didn't you hear my Gas Gas Meet n Greet ride was yesterday. There were epic conditions. 4 Gas Gas riders turned out for a day of mostly single track in Tahuya........ Just kidding, pics are from yesterday though.

Not sure when we'll have my annual Gas Gas meet n greet yet but until then I'm glad to take groups out when I can the week between Christmas and New years, Maybe I should start a Gas Gas holiday ride. I will be riding several days that week. So If you want to make a trip up let me know, and I'll see if I can show you around the good stuff out there. This has been the driest Ive ever seen Tahuya in December.

Roscoe

Gas Gas!

Reiterrider(Howie)

Josh and (hydrodog) John

Old 12-19-2011, 11:51 PM

REVERUP and the guys

John

Josh

Howie

Old 12-19-2011, 11:54 PM

BRAAAAP!

Josh

Howie

John

Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 AM

Nice Roscoe!

Looks like epic conditions. This Fall/early Winter has been ideal for riding and I have not taken advantage of it