Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Banned

Default 50 Dealers!!!!!!

I hope you all have noticed that Jeff has so many new Gas Gas dealer banners that he has to put them three or four to a page. Yesterday I put our 50th dealer in our system, Skagit Powersports in Burlington, WA. I also received the paperwork later in the day for our 51st dealer, Skeeter's Motorsports in La Mesa, CA. It is a rare week that Chuck or I don't get a call from at least three more prospects. We have had to start telling new dealer prospects that we can't set them up just now because the factory is having a hard time increasing our orders as quickly as we are adding to them.

Business is great. We hoped to sell 300 units this year but have since increased the order to almost 500 units. Bikes seem to be passing through the dealerships to customers fairly quickly.

I know that a lot of these new customers and dealers are looking at this website. The positive comments about the motorcycles from you guys here have helped us tremendously. Thank you all for your support!

Clay

Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Clay,

You and everyone involved have done an awesome job!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Clay,

How many US dealers were there when you first took over? I know they were scattered throughout the US with a handful of good dealers. All of your hardwork is putting GG back on the map. 2011 will be an exciting year!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:59 PM

I told you you were the man! The GasGas bikes are awesome and once riders have bikes to actually put their butts on they will sell themselves. From my own experience a few moths ago when I took a chance and odered my first Gasgas site unseen to actually having over 50 dealers now with actual bikes getting to dealer floors; GasGas in the US has came a LONG way in a short time. My hats/helmets are off to the Stuckey brothers for all their hard work...Thanks!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
Clay,

How many US dealers were there when you first took over? I know they were scattered throughout the US with a handful of good dealers. All of your hardwork is putting GG back on the map. 2011 will be an exciting year!
Matt,
I believe there were 92 dealers on the list from the old distributor but less than 10 of them were stocking motorcycles. All 51 of the dealers we list have placed an order with us. So we now have 51 dealers across the US with bikes on the floor or on order to go on the floor. That's a big change!
Clay
Old 12-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by john01 View Post
I told you you were the man! The GasGas bikes are awesome and once riders have bikes to actually put their butts on they will sell themselves. From my own experience a few moths ago when I took a chance and odered my first Gasgas site unseen to actually having over 50 dealers now with actual bikes getting to dealer floors; GasGas in the US has came a LONG way in a short time. My hats/helmets are off to the Stuckey brothers for all their hard work...Thanks!
John,
Wasn't there a promise of beer in there somewhere?
Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts!
Clay
Old 12-11-2010, 03:12 PM

Yes it sure was and you are very welcome. Now I need to hurry up and decide which new GasGas comes home to me.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:35 PM

Awesome job Clay!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I was very impressed to hear Skagit Powersports would be stocking Gas Gas bikes again when I picked mine up yesterday. Its a testament to how stunning these bikes are and the fact that Gas Gas offroad US has there stuff together. Bill had my bike on the floor parked next to a gaggle of 2011 KTMs when I went to pick it up. (LOL did I use Gag when I mentioned the group of KTM's) The Gas Gas looks and standard equipment puts em to shame. You know its special when a longtime Pro Ktm guy, Jason Dahners is over checking out the Gas Gas up close. Close enough that he was warned about the auto retract kick stand.

Bill was one of those loyal Gas Gas dealers from the early days that got stuck with alot of unsold units in the past and was hesitant to jump right back in when I contacted him about getting me a 2011 300. I thought he would help me out as he always has since I started riding Gas Gas and for Skagit in 2004. I mean he went out of his way to get me my 2008 300 even though he was not a Gas Gas dealer anymore.

Well sure enough Bill was willing to help me out again. He talked to Clay and soon my bike would be shipped, but Bill still wasn't ready to commit to be a dealer. So Last I talked to Clay, Bill still hadn't ordered anymore bikes. So I assured Clay I would try to convince him, and I thought that when Bill saw my 300E he would probably change his mind and want to floor Gas Gas models again.

Clay a few weeks later emailed me to let me know my bike was sent out the week of Thanksgiving, so I knew Bill would receive it relatively soon. But I did not rush to call and bug Skagit about coming to pick up my bike. Instead I knew he would uncrate it and put it together and put her on the floor when he saw it. Sure enough, he did. And yep it drew a crowd. The 2011 bike combined with all the great stuff Clay and Gas Gas offroad US is doing was enough to sway Bill, that he ordered A Six Days 300 and a 300 E like mine and is a stocking Gas Gas dealer once again.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:26 PM

Very cool story thanks for sharing and enjoy your new GasGas.