Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Canada

Old 04-16-2016, 09:55 PM

I was wondering about this when I got my 99 registered last week. Came up as rum, would it be to late now to pursue getting it road plated? I'm in bc if that makes a huge differnce

Old 04-23-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by can-am man View Post
I have a 2007 ec plated and insured in New Brunswick was bought from rom cycle in Halifax.
I too have a EC plated here in NB. Are u a member of NBDSC.CA? If not, u should look into it.

I'm not sure about all the provinces in Canada, but it's getting harder to get bikes street plated. I wouldn't hesitate if any of you guys get a chance to get street plated. Do it while u still can.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:28 PM

I just registered my 2011 300 for the first time. It came up as OHV but I told her prior to it that It had everything to be ridden on street. 2 minutes later she hands me the registration and I was like uh so is it street? She then says yeah the previous was OHV and now it's motorcycle. So without doing anything or inspecting she registered it legal. My bike isn't actually legal as I don't have all the fixings but if I do I'm good to go. I'm in Calgary

Last edited by Sleez; 05-06-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:40 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to Gas Gas. I actually just got my 2013 EC300 registered for the street this week in Calgary too - it was not an issue at all. I do know it isn't actually ready for street yet, I don't have mirrors or a horn, or DOT approved tires. I'm wondering though, is there anything else required? I've seen some conflicting info as to whether or not signals are actually required, or if hand signals are good enough?

I'm not looking to do any road trips or anything anyhow, but for connecting on fire roads, or a drive to the track (which is only 10 mins away from my place), might not be a bad option to have.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:17 AM

In Ontario you don't need turn signals. Hand signals are perfectly legal. To be a real stickler, I have heard that you need a battery in order to run your lights in case you are on the side of the road with the engine off... I wouldn't worry too much about that though. I do recommend Motoz tires. They are DOT and work and wear amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2016, 06:33 PM

Thanks! I do have a battery, and I have been looking at those Motoz tires too, they look pretty good for my type of riding.