Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2007, 12:45 AM

Cool 04' 300EC Ignition Problems ?

I just cant get my bike to idle at a slow speed for more than 15 seconds before it dies, using the stock EC fly wheel & ignition. I have a LT jet kit, FMF Gnary Pipe, FMF muffler.

Ec ignition: I measured the voltage going out from the ignition stator coil and got 6.5 volts at a low idle. 9 volts at a fast idle. The measurement was using the black/red and the black/white wires.

DE ignition: I measured the voltage going out from the ignition stator coil and got 12.5 volts at a low idle. 17.5 volts at a fast idle.

Reading other postings I found that the EC is a 100watt ignition and the DE is a 30 watt ignition. I suppose the EC ignition is used to power all those lights and not the ignition coil.

With the DE ignition and fly wheel the bike will idle at low speed and have a better pickup.

Is the bike under powered to spin the EC fly wheel or is the voltage to low ?
Can anyone verify the voltage on their bikes and post their results. Any comments would be appreciated.