Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:32 AM
Banned

Default 2012 shroud attachments.

This idea was gleened from GMP so I will give credit to him. I am just merely posting what I figured he had done to re-attach the shrouds on the 12' bikes. There is minor drilling involved to make a hole in the shroud for the new bolt.
Unlike others that have had a problem with them popping out while riding, I did not. My push tabs on the bottom shroud mounts finally broke off from several get-offs.
All the bolts and nuts used are m6. I had to remove the rubber grommet from my radiator to have enough clearence for the nut, but only because I am running rad guards. If you do not have a rad guard you may have enough room without removing the grommet

Here is the link to the parts I used....http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/1375/=ly3lmz

Part# 9232K16 I went with natural rubber, there is an option for neoprene as well.

The part and all the crap in the back ground!

The finished product

Last edited by desertgasser300; 03-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:55 AM

Sweet fix. Nice rad braces too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
This idea was gleened from GMP so I will give credit to him. I am just merely posting what I figured he had done to re-attach the shrouds on the 12' bikes. There is minor drilling involved to make a hole in the shroud for the new bolt.
Unlike others that have had a problem with them popping out while riding, I did not. My push tabs on the bottom shroud mounts finally broke off from several get-offs.
All the bolts and nuts used are m6. I had to remove the rubber grommet from my radiator to have enough clearence for the nut, but only because I am running rad guards. If you do not have a rad guard you may have enough room without removing the grommet

Here is the link to the parts I used....http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/119/1375/=ly3lmz

Part# 9232K16 I went with natural rubber, there is an option for neoprene as well.

The part

The finished product
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-19-2013, 12:55 PM

You will find out its a solid setup. Since June, not one shroud issue. I'm still waiting for some stiffer '13 shrouds though as the '12s flex a lot. I just set up my buddy's new '12 XC250R leftover the same way as mine, but with Unabiker guards. Those, and my Scorpions, had clearance holes cut for the grommets as it was originally intended to be used with the OEM push in setup. The hex standoff post is a snug fit through the grommets, but easily done and tightened with a little silicone grease.

It would be so simple and cheap for this to be done at the factory. You would have some side impact protection, and a bulletproof body work mounting setup that could look a lot better when properly molded for the bolts.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:18 PM

I used older gg exhaustpipes lower connection part. Looks pretty much the same.

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...
Old 03-19-2013, 03:22 PM

I zip tied mine on..... Not as solid as a bolt...but super easy to remove tank as the ties act like hinges and shrouds swing forward out of the way.
STREET_ GTR 1400 (The Connie)
93 KDX 200 (Katie)
Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 AM

GasTimppa,

They are the exact same parts, except a lot cheaper from a supplier here. Zip ties, while better than stock, can be torn off if tied through a sharp edge like a rad guard. I used to do that awhile ago and its no match for south Jersey.

Here is a pic of mine with the shroud screws out of the tank. The natural position of the rubber mounts pulls the shrouds out of the way, super easy tank removal!

Second pic is some shorter ones I mounted my Cannon silencer with, as the Cannon does not have the typical large hole grommet type mount. Alignment is perfect. I also mounted my left side panel with one in place of the solid spacer. I don't like the idea of parts subjected to impact from falls hard mounted to a plastic subframe tab. No problems at all and I've been bumped and rammed cutting through traffic that I know hit the side panels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shrouds off tank.jpg (107.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Cannon mount.jpg (111.3 KB, 61 views)