Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Site Sponsor

Default 2008 Indy Dealer show notes

I just wanted to post a few notes about this years 2008 Indianapolis Dealershow and some things in the works for GasGas USA.

#1. I think we can consider the show a success despite the tremendous amount to money GasGas USA had to pay for the booth as Dale is working overtime to make this as successful as possible. Our booth was very busy on Saturday with new prospects and 3 new dealers signed up over the weekend. Sunday and Monday weren't as busy, but still good exposure.

#2. I had a very successful meeting with Pro Circuit to create a pipe/silencer combo for the 4-strokes in the next 6 months with a possible Dirt Rider test with Jimmy Lewis on the Pro Circuit bike. (Pro Circuit actually approached us)

#3. I had some good responses and meeting with a quite a few company's to continue and add aftermarket product for the GasGas line-up, including frame protections, new revamped oversized tank, aftermarket wheels, and marketing items like canopies, clothing, trinkets all to be ready for a hard parts catalog at our customer/dealershow in August.

#4. Dale investigated the process for getting the FSR's to be legal as a dual purpose/streel licensed motorvehicle. This is our number one priority but it is an expensive one or a very time consuming one. I may post more on that in a suggestion link later.

#5. Trials market is making a comeback or at least a rise in interest. Everyone is beginning to realize in order to be faster on the seat of a dirtbike, you need to learn how to ride a bike that doesn't have a seat! As a large part of the winning combination in off road have gotten their start in trials competition. Look for a better dealer network now that Dale has both the enduro line and the trials line!

I'd like to thank Dale Malasek for his hard work, Xavier Alonso for making the trip over from Spain. Curt Comer for helping in the booth, and Doug Farrar for his time at the booth as well.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:59 PM

Wow, it's all good and I'm excited for you GG guys even though I don't yet own one. A street legal dual sport would be huge IMO and I think Beta is working on theirs as well. Make sure that Pro Curcuit silencer is super quiet please. Trials bikes rock and I've wanted one for years however it's a luxury I can't afford at this time. (maybe a bicycle trials bike?)

and Mark...keep thinking about Shane Watts...yeah, that was my e-mail

Skidad in MA

Any New England dealers by any chance?