Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:46 AM

Default Replacing Float Seat ORing on 2012

I searched but couldn't find any thing on it around here or the net.

The little I found stated the float seat is pressed into the carb and isn't replaceable. Is this true?

My carb is leaking with the petcock on whether it's running or sitting on a stand or it's kick stand. I know the float level is right, didn't have this problem before, and the float seat is clean. So the next step was to replace the oring on the seat. Does anyone know how to do this? It sounds like I need to remove the seat but if it's pressed in in guessing that's not possible?

I appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-28-2013, 12:32 PM

Sounds like the float is stuck.

If you didn't already, try removing the float and float valve and then reconnect the fuel line and let some fuel pass through to clear any debris. This has worked for me.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:35 PM

Did that before and it seemed to be ok but would start leaking again when I came to a stop. Did it a couple of times actually hoping that was all it was haha

Old 11-28-2013, 06:42 PM

Have you emptied and checked your gas tank for debris? All my regular riding partners and me suffered stuck floats this year. Either we all have bad habits when it comes to keeping debris out of our gas cans, or there is junk in the fuel we buy? I dunno?

Also, for me, the screen on the pick-up tube in the gas tank somehow fell off. This let the junk in the tank pass straight through.

I'd suggest that before you go trying to replace the float seat o-ring, thoughly clean the tank and carb, and try again.

Sorry man, that's all I got.

Good luck.

Jason
Old 11-28-2013, 07:20 PM

We must all buy dirty gas lol I'll check the screen and the tank first like you said. Maybe I'll install a fuel filter too for the heck of it. Thanks for the advice I'm all for trying the cheap option before the expensive one!

Old 11-28-2013, 11:08 PM

Its the float needle that typically wears out, its a rubber cone that sits in the irreplaceable seat in the carb and is actuated by the floats.
It is usually obviously visibly worn if its causing an issue, its not expensive to replace if it is.

However, in line fuel filters are cheap and easy to install, had one on every bike and never had stuck floats ruin my day.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:45 AM

Here is a pic of my float needle it seems to be in fine shape. I'll be checking the tank and stuff tonight for debris.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:39 AM

Default Replacing Float Seat ORing on 2012

One test I did this morning is place the needle in the seat and blow air through the fuel line. No air was leaking past the seat with the needle in place. I think the oring is ok and I just need to clean everything as JP4 said.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I've had a problem with mine leaking as well at times. Never had a problem with any other brand bikes with these carbs. On my 12 the petcock only has a screen for reserve setting? I'm going for a inline filter, that should solve the problem.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:12 AM

That screen is only for reserve? Well now that would make a lot of sense why the carb gets clogged. I don't know why they think dirt cannot get into the line when your riding through the trails and gas is sloshing all over.