Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Injury & Recovery

Injury & Recovery Injuries, Health Issues, Vision & Body Repair

Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 AM

Default Neck brace

My son got an Alpinestar neck brace for Christmas. We are having a very difficult time finding shoulder pads that compliment the brace. He's 5'-4" @ 120 lbs and very thin (he's 12 yrs old). Anyone use this brace or have experience? We found a few "roost" guards that work but since we mostly ride woods we'd kind of like to keep the shoulder protection.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM

Shoulder pads are the biggest hinderer to getting braces to fit, the easiest thing would be to get armour designed to fit braces. Alpinestar make some, as do Leatt and they both have proper shoulder protection. Or modify what armour he has by moving the shoulder pad mounts further out so they don't interfere with the brace.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 PM

The Alpinestar stuff was either too big or too small. I spoke with A-star and they are coming out with a new product due out March 1 called the A8. They said it should fit him better. I really like the Leatt protectors. It looks like they really covered the bases with their products. But I'm not sure if they would work the the A-star. No close dealers to try them on. Plus he likes to wear them under the jersey but he may have to compromise.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEV View Post
The Alpinestar stuff was either too big or too small. I spoke with A-star and they are coming out with a new product due out March 1 called the A8. They said it should fit him better. I really like the Leatt protectors. It looks like they really covered the bases with their products. But I'm not sure if they would work the the A-star. No close dealers to try them on. Plus he likes to wear them under the jersey but he may have to compromise.
Its already available over seas.
http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/2012-alp...r-p-16590.html
Old 01-25-2012, 07:06 PM

have you seen in it person or know anyone who has used it? It sure looks a LOT better than the A10. Has similarities to the Leatt.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEV View Post
have you seen in it person or know anyone who has used it? It sure looks a LOT better than the A10. Has similarities to the Leatt.
Yes, a friend of mine who raced in Europe for a few months bought one back with him. It is much less bulky than the A10, but still has comparable protection imo. It fits more like the thor sentinel/fox proframe than traditional roost guards, that is, slightly more of a snug fit.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM

hrp makes a couple of them for leatts ..
they make bicep protection you can add to the unit. I have one ..
not bad bicep protection is so so
don't know if htey ahve a kid size.
made in america if that matters to you!

http://www.hrpsports.com/MotocrossOf...1/Default.aspx