Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Mid-West Forum

Old 09-20-2014, 09:41 PM

Default michigan trails question

Just got back from Baldwin. Did the single tracks in the area minus Tin cup because the wife was riding with me. The Lincoln trails were decent but the others were sooo deep with sand they were undesirable. Are there other trail systems that are not all deep sand. I don't mind sandy dirt but not 8-10 inches of powdery and.

Any suggestions?

Old 09-20-2014, 11:32 PM

The quality of the trails is definitely dependent on how much rain has fallen, but at this time of year I'd look at the following if you're looking for single track:

Evart - some sand to start, but then loamy woods with some technical/rocky climbs. Whoops too .... and more whoops .... About 24 miles.

Cadillac Long Lake - 26 mile loop, likely the tightest trail, with a fair share of whoops, some great elevation and roots, and no rocks. Primitive camping on site, enter from the north until 131 gets fixed.

Grand Traverse - some really good elevation, a little bit of sand, moderate to challenging trail.

There are dozens of other trails that I haven't ridden, but I'd look for those marked 50 inches or less ... damn those ATVs
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 09-21-2014, 06:53 AM

Yeah blew up the rzr first day on the 50 trails. I got pine tar all over both sides to show that 50 inch trails in michigan is really about 47. The sand on those trails was crazy I did like being able to ride most roads with the rzr and bikes though.

Thanks for the suggestions! If you think of others please add since we will be going back.

Still have the 2010 you sold me btw just put in the first top end a couple of months ago.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:21 PM

try the UP