Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:36 PM

Default Knight Done at Sherco

David Knight through his Facebook page: ?I can announce my contract at Sherco has not been renewed as they are focusing on EWC and cannot focus on extreme Enduro in the way that we both need to get the results needed and I expect. I'd just like to say thanks and I am proud of some of our results as we achieved a lot in a short time. My contract has finished and I am now looking for any suitable stand in rides weather it's extreme, gncc, enduro or indoor type races, I'm up for anything to have a blast and enjoy myself?

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 07-10-2014, 04:23 PM

Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lST9jUGmSxI#t=42
Brasil!
Old 07-11-2014, 02:35 AM

they're not paying him... and letting him do all that stuff himself... how can you keep a world champ to keep riding and promoting your upcoming brand??

they will have lost the greatest publicity they can wish for!
very sad to hear they're going that way...
Old 07-11-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannesd View Post
they're not paying him... and letting him do all that stuff himself... how can you keep a world champ to keep riding and promoting your upcoming brand??

they will have lost the greatest publicity they can wish for!
very sad to hear they're going that way...
+1

Do you hear this GG ? Do you realize it's a golden opportunity ? Romaniacs is just around the corner, there's still time . (most likely he will run for BETA...)
Old 07-11-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
+1

Do you hear this GG ? Do you realize it's a golden opportunity ? Romaniacs is just around the corner, there's still time . (most likely he will run for BETA...)
Knight is a helluva rider BUT if you look at his resume' it appears that he can be a bear to work with. He has been (from what I've read) very unhappy & vocal about it with his 'treatment' from/by Sherco. They are a small company and prolly don't have the budget for Villapoto/Dungey packages for their riders....I'm sure GasGas doesn't have the $$$ either or Nambotin as well as others might still be there. He might turn into a public relations nightmare if he doesn't get 'what he wants'.
Knighter has been the rounds and he may have run people's patience to the end.... A shame, because he can dang sure ride
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 07-11-2014, 09:24 AM

Knight put's 100% of his heart on his racing and there's no BS on what he says. Quite different from most riders. He said the BMW was a pig and it was . He complained about the big bore KTM and he won the following WEC race with the 300. He said the WEC is all about MX and he's also true... He's a straight forward guy and that might not make him the best PR for a brand but he does bring the spotlight to any bike he rides and he's always a contender to the victory in any race. What else does GG needs ?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 AM

whats a Sherco??
Old 07-11-2014, 12:59 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I have also followed knighter for years and he does seem to moan a fair bit, but I think that apart from being talented he has the need to win as his key motivator, he is not racing for fun, he is racing to win and unfortunately for him, if he does not win as a result of someone/something other than his own failure he lets everyone know and this unforgiving attitude is prob a bit risky for a sponsor

It is unfortunate because he dominated the extreme races when they were in their infancy, I was hoping to hear what he would say about he current races, and also see how he did in them
Old 07-12-2014, 06:48 AM

GG does not need him.. any issue he has will be spotlighted.. minor things will be bitched about publicly and become a major PR nightmare for a smaller company like GG.. These are great bikes,, but you all know as well as I they have issues we all overlook, fix on our own and move on because they do so much better everywhere else than most of the other bikes.. This would not be the case for some one that is a David Knight.. every little issue.. bitch bitch bitch..and in front of a reporter or on fb..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 07-12-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
GG does not need him.. any issue he has will be spotlighted.. minor things will be bitched about publicly and become a major PR nightmare for a smaller company like GG.. These are great bikes,, but you all know as well as I they have issues we all overlook, fix on our own and move on because they do so much better everywhere else than most of the other bikes.. This would not be the case for some one that is a David Knight.. every little issue.. bitch bitch bitch..and in front of a reporter or on fb..
^^^^^^^^ this is a very true^^^^^^^^
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals