Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Banned

Default LHRB went and did it!

Well, I went and did it! I put the Rekluse LHRB on yesterday. SUPER easy install. The MC insert to the rear brake is aluminum not plastic so that was a nice sign that they changed it from plastic. They send you every thing you need to do the install, extra O-rings, small torx bit, bleed nipple and hose for the hayes lever and a large syringe and hose to back bleed the system.

If you plan on installing this in the future, read the directions and watch the video on the Rekluse website. It is helpful.

I didn't get a chance to take it onto the trail yet. But, around the neighborhood I can lock up the rear wheel on asphalt.
the only thing I do not like about it is it makes the left side of your bars really busy and crowded. I may take the clutch off completely?

Old 10-10-2013, 02:04 PM

Photos to prove it..... :-0

Great news. Look forward to hearing more about it.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:26 PM

Default Clutch Lever Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
the only thing I do not like about it is it makes the left side of your bars really busy and crowded. I may take the clutch off completely?
I have the LHRB and have removed the clutch lever. There are several issues with this.

A. You can't check the installed gap as recommended.
1. The way around this is to adjust the gap on the good side of "Free Play Gain." Note the drag at idle and adjust a tick or so CCW when the drag noticeably decreases in the future with normal clutch wear.
2. I happen to like a little bit more drag than normal at idle. I get a noticeable drop in RPM as I shift into gear and the bike wants to move forward. But I can control this creep with my feet. I do have to increase idle RPM a little in order to counter the slightly greater tendency for engine stalling.

B. You'll need to buy the last Clutch Removal Kit from Rekluse or make one of your own.
1. Rekluse has discontinued the kit because they don't want riders removing their clutch and thus the ability to monitor Free Play Gain. I bought one two weeks ago and they had two left in stock. This kit is required to keep oil on the lever side of the slave.
2. Making your own is easy. You need a 90 degree banjo and clear oil proof tubing (the blue fuel line works great).
a. You can use your old clutch line if you want.
b. Cut the line an inch or so above the clutch slave end banjo.
c. Slip your tubing over the line and secure with a zip-tie.
d. Run about 12 in. of the tubing up near the fuel pet-cock.
e. Add mineral oil, ATF, or 5 wt fork oil to 4-5 inches above the banjo.
f. Fold 3 in. of the top over to make a "pinch seal" and secure that fold with a couple of zip-ties.
g. Secure it in place with a couple of zip-ties.
h. Find a new place for your choke lever or switch to the plunger mod.

C. Another option is just to remove the lever to get it out of the way and live with the clutch master on the bar.

I just got back from a week in Moab and the advantages LHRB were manifest on every ride. I honestly think it is equal to the auto clutch in advancing my riding ability when it gets technical.

Good Luck!!
Old 10-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Photos to prove it..... :-0

Great news. Look forward to hearing more about it.
You're right I should have taken pics! I'm at the station right now, maybe I can get the wife to snap a few shots with her phone???

BTW, did you know that Rekluse used my bike to make the LHRB!!!!! BWAHAHAHA!! That was some red flags for sure......
Old 10-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman View Post
I have the LHRB and have removed the clutch lever. There are several issues with this.

A. You can't check the installed gap as recommended.
1. The way around this is to adjust the gap on the good side of "Free Play Gain." Note the drag at idle and adjust a tick or so CCW when the drag noticeably decreases in the future with normal clutch wear.
2. I happen to like a little bit more drag than normal at idle. I get a noticeable drop in RPM as I shift into gear and the bike wants to move forward. But I can control this creep with my feet. I do have to increase idle RPM a little in order to counter the slightly greater tendency for engine stalling.

B. You'll need to buy the last Clutch Removal Kit from Rekluse or make one of your own.
1. Rekluse has discontinued the kit because they don't want riders removing their clutch and thus the ability to monitor Free Play Gain. I bought one two weeks ago and they had two left in stock. This kit is required to keep oil on the lever side of the slave.
2. Making your own is easy. You need a 90 degree banjo and clear oil proof tubing (the blue fuel line works great).
a. You can use your old clutch line if you want.
b. Cut the line an inch or so above the clutch slave end banjo.
c. Slip your tubing over the line and secure with a zip-tie.
d. Run about 12 in. of the tubing up near the fuel pet-cock.
e. Add mineral oil, ATF, or 5 wt fork oil to 4-5 inches above the banjo.
f. Fold 3 in. of the top over to make a "pinch seal" and secure that fold with a couple of zip-ties.
g. Secure it in place with a couple of zip-ties.
h. Find a new place for your choke lever or switch to the plunger mod.

C. Another option is just to remove the lever to get it out of the way and live with the clutch master on the bar.

I just got back from a week in Moab and the advantages LHRB were manifest on every ride. I honestly think it is equal to the auto clutch in advancing my riding ability when it gets technical.

Good Luck!!
Do you have a pic. of the block off unit from rekluse?
Old 10-10-2013, 07:39 PM

You're going to love the LHRB! The Rekluse is cool, but the LHRB is the game changer.

I too have the block-off kit. I'll see if I can get a pick up tomorrow evening. It works very well, but could be easily fashioned and no need to purchase from Rekluse.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:09 PM

Default Pix

Forgive all the red dirt: I just got back from a week in MOAB.

This is the kit from Rekluse that they will no longer be selling after their current stock is out. You can see that it is just a 90 degree banjo and a clear tube with a few inches of oil in it. Again, this keeps oil on the master side of the slave and allows the the rekluse more consistency in its actuation.
In the closeup note the oil level in the tube. Its height is not critical: a few inches is fine. I use 5 wt. fork oil. But any light wt. oil will work fine: ATF, mineral, etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LHRB.JPG (111.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Closeup.JPG (122.2 KB, 101 views)
Old 10-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Banned

Well I did get to put it thru it's paces. I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of stopping power it has. At any good clip it will not lock the tire, but it will slow you down after grabbing a handful of lever to the bars. This may be in part of the lack of rear stopping power the bike had currently? Halfway thru my training sessions today I zip tied the lever behind the headlight outta the way.

I will give it another go soon. But, my trainer told me to get that shit off of my bars for today!!! Quote un-quote.

Last edited by desertgasser300; 10-14-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:09 PM

So, biggest complaint I've heard from folks about the Rekluse unit is lack of stopping power.

This is just my opinion, but you have a 30 day return policy with Rekluse. Send the unit back for a refund and make your own LHRB. It's super easy, will cost you under $100 with a brake line and banjo bolts from Speigler, and you will have 1 finger lock up. Rode 40+ miles of singletrack yesterday and I just have 1 finger resting on the LHRB and modulate the rear brake with very little pressure. It has worked flawlessly since June when I put it on. I am an A/B rider and it is such a game changer when you get used to it. I am now riding all day at an A pace and am less tired at the end of the day.

It takes about an hour to get used to no rear brake pedal and then you realize you don't miss or need it. You also realize you can now grip your bike with both legs and never think about tight right hand turns again. You also realize you can modulate the LHRB with total control on steep descents.

No clutch lever and no rear brake pedal! Definitely never going back!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
So, biggest complaint I've heard from folks about the Rekluse unit is lack of stopping power.

This is just my opinion, but you have a 30 day return policy with Rekluse. Send the unit back for a refund and make your own LHRB. It's super easy, will cost you under $100 with a brake line and banjo bolts from Speigler, and you will have 1 finger lock up. Rode 40+ miles of singletrack yesterday and I just have 1 finger resting on the LHRB and modulate the rear brake with very little pressure. It has worked flawlessly since June when I put it on. I am an A/B rider and it is such a game changer when you get used to it. I am now riding all day at an A pace and am less tired at the end of the day.

It takes about an hour to get used to no rear brake pedal and then you realize you don't miss or need it. You also realize you can now grip your bike with both legs and never think about tight right hand turns again. You also realize you can modulate the LHRB with total control on steep descents.

No clutch lever and no rear brake pedal! Definitely never going back!
Love your post and love my LHRB......PERIOD