Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:24 PM

Default 2018 gp250 regulator / stator testing

Hi guys
Would someone have info on testing figgers for reg and stator plz?
The problem I have is during a ride the lights stopped working (dash stopped activating on startup to) and battery went flat. Bike would kickstart and run fine. On investing at home all plugs and connections look good (unplugged and cleaned) with no change.
To test the dash I put + power from battery into the plus from regulator and it lit up. After reconceing and starting all was working.
After a few test starts it stopped working again.
Any help appreciate
Warren

Old 04-27-2019, 07:18 PM

Pull the fuse that’s on the side of the solenoid. I had this exact same problem on my 2015 and it was just a corroded fuse holder that would loose connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-27-2019, 11:22 PM

Thx Memphis . I?ll give it a good clean or replace
Old 04-28-2019, 02:34 AM

There is also a small relay that controls the power to the bikes circuits when the motor is running. Check that out too. There should be a wiring diagram you can trace to suss it out.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:41 PM

Gasser Nate that makes sense with what?s happening except I can?t find anything in the wiring diagram from manual in between the regulator and dash to control power flow.
At the moment everything is working again and I have taken ohm reading from the regulator and I?ll compare when it stops working next. I don?t beleave it is a broken wire as both times it has stopped working it stayed that way for the whole ride untill I put power into the red wire from regulator and activeated the dash. It seems as that is resetting something.
The bike had a bad battery from new and didn?t have this problem. Saying that the common thing both times this fault has occured has been using the estart so I have to wonder if it?s voltage sag. After charging the battery to 14.4v it immediately started dropping volts to 13.5v (over a hour) so I?ll check when I get home from work. That will be about 24hrs from charging. Will also crank it over and see what the colts sag to.

Thx for the reply?s
Old 05-05-2019, 04:20 PM

Just an update
After a week of checking everything I could think of I went out riding For 2 days. The problem is still there but behaviour has changed well maybe because I?m paying more attention now.
So I notice the dash didn?t activeate and that?s is for estart today then about 20secs later it came on with the lights. Had a couple times they didn?t come on at all as well.
I have not noticed any problem with lights / voltmeter in dash (if speed sensor activated no vote meter) working when the turned on at start up.
To me it has to be stator or regulator. I?ll order a regulator tomorrow morning and start there.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:58 PM

Have had 2 rides with the new regulator problem free so looks like that was the culprit. Also battery is now being charged to 14v 😁