Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 10-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Shakedown ride in the Algonquin Highlands

I'm very new to the GasGas brand but I wish it was all I had ever rode.
I spent my weekend giggling like a 4 year old riding a bicycle for the first time.

Hanging out with the ADVrider guys at the Fall Colours Ride in Ontario. First real ride out on my 2012 Gasser 300. These bikes are phenomenal! Fuel range was a bit of a concern and I'm averaging about 9.6L to 100km's.

I'll be checking cylinder squish and resetting the carb this winter. Hopefully that helps out with the fuel range a little. For now I'm going to take in as much riding season as I can.

The bike was in really rough shape when I bought it. I'm pretty sure it had been stored outdoors for a few years.

Huge thanks to Brett at BonJoe's Cycle for helping me out with getting the bike back up to standards and Rob from Lang's Offroad for setting up my suspension with me and getting the bike certified in Ontario. ScrubDesignz.com is to thank for the new graphics.

Had a great ride except when my friend crashed in front of me and separated his shoulder crashing into a rock berm. Spend the weekend crawling up rocky hillclimbs and finding whatever mud we could after this dry Ontario summer.