Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:37 PM

Default Tmd design works skidplate!!!

Hi.
Does anyone use TM DESIGN WORKS SKIDPLATE? Kindly I need photos of him installed. Water pump protection is sufficient?
Thanks.

Old 10-01-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASGASCWB View Post
Hi.
Does anyone use TM DESIGN WORKS SKIDPLATE? Kindly I need photos of him installed. Water pump protection is sufficient?
Thanks.
I have one on my bike. The only place I feel is not protected well is the frame rail that the left (pilot's left) foot peg mounts to. This area has seen some abuse on my bike.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:29 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I really like the TMD skidplate, the rounded design appeals to me and it seems to be well-constructed.

You do have to remove the pipe to install or uninstall it, e.g. when you remove an engine side-cover. However, I find that taking off the pipe is largely a psychological hindrance! (it doesn't take long). There is a hole for draining the oil, so I don't have to remove it often.

Here's a pic of the water pump side:

IMG_1516.jpg

The bendix cover protection:

IMG_1519.jpg

If you need to take off the bendix cover, you don't have to remove the skidplate. Hook one end of a tie down strap to that area of the skidplate (or drill a hole in it for the hook), and the other near the front axle. When you tighten the strap you can pull the skidplate back to reveal and remove the bendix cover.

Another picture of that side:

IMG_1523.jpg

The area that Jacob was referring to:

IMG_1522.jpg

All in all, a good product that I would purchase again!