Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:02 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Steve Akers Race Report

Steve Akers Race Report
M.H.S.C. Round 3 Race Report
Bixby, Mo (MTRA)
5/3/15
Class: AA
Machine: 15' Gas Gas EC 250
Finishing position:5th

We got to the race site on Sunday and there wasn't a muddy rut in site. This was a nice change for once. After a quick site lap, it was obvious that we would racing througg a little dust this time as the course was feeling quick and fun. And of course it was going to be a little sketchy with all of those good ole Missouri boulders.

My mission after practice was to just get a good start to stay out of the dust. As the board dropped, one swift kick of the Gasser propelled me to an easy holeshot, and in to the woods we went. About a mile in, I tagged a tree and while I really didn't lose any time, the jolt definitely shocked my left wrist. I waved the top 3 racers behind me by because there was no reason for me to hold them off and make their inevitable pass ant riskier than it needed to be through the dust. I held the 4th position through the lap and stayed with in a minute from Blauvelt who was in 3rd.

The rest of the race I just tried to stay consistent and hit my lines in order to get through the 2 hour event without any other bobbles that may shock my wrist any more than it needed to be. I lost a few positions overall as I pulled in to the pits to top off with fuel before heading out on the last two 8.5 mile laps. At the checkers I rolled up to the finish line in 5th in AA, and while it's a decent finish, I am far from happy with where my results have been. While everything is falling in to place with the new bike, I just need more seat time. Eight months off has proven to be a little harder to over come than I first thought, but I am going to keep giving it hell during the week in hopes that it pays off in the end. I can't thank Gas Gas enough for making a machine that's as fun to ride as the EC 250. I think the opportunity to get on something new this year has been the driving force to getting me through the last injury, and I am thankful for that!

On a side note my dad has taken a lot of time off of racing and has recently decided to hit some races with me this year. He is making me proud with his efforts to get his speed back throughout the week days with me. He is also on a new 2015 Gas Gas EC 250 and claims it to be the best bone stock bike he has ever ridden. He earned a 4th in the +50 Class against some stiff competition. His 26th overall 1st lap proves he has the speed still, but needs a little more conditioning and seat time just like my self.

Thanks to those who have kept this racing thing going!
LSK Gas Gas-Lebanon, MO
Gas Gas Motos N.A.
Bullet Proof Designs
Medley Roofing
TM Designworks
NoSweat
Alias MX
Rekluse_USA
Kenda