Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Default arrow pipe

How about an update on this pipe.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 PM

I now have a couple more rides on the Arrow. I stand by my first assessment: Better mid-range than stock.
Since the Arrow was such a dramatic change in pipe shape, I was worried that it was going to change the power-band dramatically as well. This is not the case. Same smooth, linear, rideable power-band that I've always enjoyed.

First, I have to describe my normal type of riding as well as my style.
Type: Fast flowing single track trail. Some technical sections, an occasional long gnarly technical hill, long rocky sections with loose softball size to soccer ball size rocks. In these rocks, there is no rock avoidance. They are rock on rock, so only the big ones can be avoided.
Riding Style: Rekluse and LHRB. I go fast by spending most of my time in the mid-range of 3rd and 4th gear. I keep my momentum up and avoid the cut and thrust of braking and gassing. I try to ride smoooooth.
Throttle control is my mantra.
Zen is my right wrist at one with each knob of my rear tire...

Specific description of the Arrow's "better" mid-range: I find I shift less. Simple as that. I can be just a tad too low on the RPM and not need to shift down where I would have had too with the stock pipe. It's not that I'm riding a gear taller everywhere; I'm riding a gear taller more often.
Due to my Rekluse and LHRB, I don't have a clutch lever to fan when I'm slightly down from optimum on the RPM. So if the throttle won't bring it back quick enough for me, I have to shift down to rev her. Then I quickly shift up to drop back into the middle of the power-band. With the Arrow, throttle will get it back into the meat of the power band at times that I would have had to down shift.
Put another way, the torque curve feels like it starts climbing a little earlier than with the stock pipe. IE.: The mid-range has been broadened to the left.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

So far,(aside from the initial dings) the pipe is holding up well.

I have scratched to coating off on the right side. There is absolutely NO signs of rust on this pipe. Even after I rode a mud race, let the bike sit for 4 days before washing it.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

I pancaked my ARROW pipe pretty bad. I don't recall ever hiting anything big.

I bought the amoured DEP pipe. That turned into a fiasco.

So, I bolted up my throw down stock pipe.
Stock pipe has more low end torque.
The ARROW revs faster and pulls longer.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:54 PM

Bummer to hear of the damage.
So far I've been very happy with the durability of my Arrow. I do have it armored up like a tank, though.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

I have two mangled ARROWs.
The 2nd one had a universal aluminum guard on it.

We have a lot of trail trash, made up of small logs and branches fom fallen trees. The get kicked up by the front wheel.