Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 10-26-2015, 02:08 PM

Default 2011 EC200 Six Days spring options

Hi all, just trying to get things setup on my new to me bike. Sent my front forks off to House of Horsepower for maintenance, respring and revalve. It was suggested to me via HOH to go with a gold valve, custom shims, and a progressive spring on the front end. I have seen very little of people that have installed these, some positive, some negative, but my understanding is that they are very good at suspension. If it were not for that I would not consider it. I am in general a slow(er) rider with a preference towards tight single track woods/enduro and a bit of a lard arse at 6' 215lbs. Getting too old and healing too slow to push the envelope with speed .

Having recently come off of three team tangerine bikes, there are less intimately familiar with this suspension than my previous bikes. Looking for feedback from those who may have gone this route? What would/did you do or how would you do it again and why?

Old 10-27-2015, 04:46 AM

Everything Richard does is awesome. He didn't revalve my forks but I had a set of his progressive springs and his pipe and silencer combo. The progressive springs actually work really well in these forks and you won't be disappointed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Everything Richard does is awesome. He didn't revalve my forks but I had a set of his progressive springs and his pipe and silencer combo. The progressive springs actually work really well in these forks and you won't be disappointed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To hijack my own thread, what bike do you have and what did you find the pipe and silencer did for you and in what area of the power?
Old 10-27-2015, 05:11 PM

Had a 2011 300 pipe adds tons of power across the board. It is hands down the biggest difference a pipe has ever made for me. That's sucker flat out ripped after the pipe and silencer. Ask anyone on here that has one and they will tell you the same. Just be warned his pipe doesn't fit the 2011 perfect. If you ask him when ordering he will make the brackets you need to make it fit. I made my own. The mounting tabs just aren't in the correct position because the pipe is actually for a 13. The silencer fits perfect and looks nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Had a 2011 300 pipe adds tons of power across the board. It is hands down the biggest difference a pipe has ever made for me. That's sucker flat out ripped after the pipe and silencer. Ask anyone on here that has one and they will tell you the same. Just be warned his pipe doesn't fit the 2011 perfect. If you ask him when ordering he will make the brackets you need to make it fit. I made my own. The mounting tabs just aren't in the correct position because the pipe is actually for a 13. The silencer fits perfect and looks nice too.

Is there one available for the 200?
Old 10-27-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinschel View Post
Is there one available for the 200?

Aren't all the pipes the same? Call Richard and ask him. 405-524-4686

Old 10-27-2015, 10:36 PM

if a guy came on here and asked a question about spending money on more horse power or better suspension, and outright stated that he was maybe not as fast or as fit as he once was, if it were me, i would not coach him into a higher horsepower pipe. in my neck of the woods,a lot of times,more horsepower is the last thing you want or need! the whole gasgas style of a enduro bike is smooth, fast and torque at your finger tips. in my opinion, spend your money that you have available for mods or extras on getting your suspension sprung for your weight so you can utilize all 12 of the 12 inches you have in front and underneath you,and then valve it to be as good as it can be in the terrain the you ride in most of the time.if you do it this way, you will be carrying way more speed more comfortably with a way bigger safety margin than you have ever done in the past.
there, thats my 2 cents worth,even though no one asked for it.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:40 PM

ok i just noticed that the OP asked about the pipe and extra hit and horsepower available, So i'll just bow out of this conversation. apologies to one and all.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:03 AM

The exhaust issue was a side question and money is not an issue. Having had a heavily modified slavens mule modified 300 xcw I know the dangers of power, that is why I dont have it any longer. The slightest twitch could vault you into an unsuspecting tree in a heartbeat. Had been curious if there are any pipes that would have the same effect as the gnarly does on my previous bikes. Would like a little more low end on the bike ideally but it is buttery smooth all the way to the top which is a new experience for me also.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:03 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

The OEM pipe is best for technical riding. And for a little extra on the bottom you can fit a power valve spacer but not sure of the effect it will have on a 200