Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 AM

Took a different path today.
Visited two shops, got all the necessary parts for overhaul. Will be changing all seals, orings, even though they weren't leaking. Just a piece of mind.
Rod guide teflon bush 16x18x12 cost me 2.4 euros. It's dead standard.

Won't be changing valve bushing and oil/gas separator diphraghm guide. The latter is made from teflon only. It was measured OK.
They can produce it, but can't make a step cut, but rather at 45 angle.

Only problem occured with oil seal. I got the correct measurement of 24.5 OD, but it is firmer and has only one sealing edge.
If you look at OEM, it is rubbery soft and besides sealing edge, it has two extra grooves on the sliding area.
Non oem is also a bit higher at 5mm, but it doesn't affect its function even with original separating washer installed.

No matter, will be installing what I got, and if leaking occurs, will go for KYB seal, and have the seal head machined as per your advice.

I did all of this, because waiting time to get stock or aftermarket parts for sachs is unreasonable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-05-11-2596(0).jpg (97.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by 5valve; 05-11-2015 at 04:04 PM.