Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Well I'm surprised to hear lean effect producing power, but if others have then I'm happy to admit to being wrong.

well not so much wrong as less right.

but I think the take away message here was that I was right.

anyways, yes the LTR needles weren't plated, but either are some others. My PWK 35s I bought new for my RZ had DEK needles bare brass from new.

No chance anyone has put a shorter needle in it? that would be a dangerous combination if it came out of the 'ole. I doubt you wouldn't spot that though.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

All great information! The gas cap has an open piece of hose for the vent line but I will double check that the cap flows air well. I will pull the carb and do another thorough cleaning. I have a No-Toil that air filter that fell apart that I can use to filter the vent / overflow hoses.

I checked the needle and it is the correct length .

Thank you all for the info, feedback and support for the notion I may not be totally crazy!

(F5) - I think you are making good progress on coming to terms with your correctness!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Well I pulled apart the carb and found more black grains in the bottom of the float bowl. This was very odd since I pulled out the petcock and cleaned the carb when we rebuilt the engine. I had previously separated the carb vent lines and ran two high and two low. I replaced the black fuel lines for good measure.

I also found that the pilot was jetted way rich. I took it from 48 to 40 and it seems to run well now.

I also put in the new heavier return spring.

To wrap this one up I think it was running rich and going over bumps debris would get sucked into the main jet and the debris leaned out and corrected the air fuel ratio which made the bike "happy!"
Old 05-23-2014, 07:58 PM

Wow, all the above describes a couple of incidents I've had recently. 1/3 throttle over whoops and the bike wants to rev out. Even when I shut the throttle it still revs up. Have checked the usual cable/spring but all appears fine, so I will have all the jets out and cleaned.