Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Classified Advertisements > "Wanted to Buy" & "Want To Trade"

"Wanted to Buy" & "Want To Trade" Bikes or Parts

Old 02-05-2014, 10:56 AM

Default Wanted - left side radiator hose

Anyone out there have an extra radiator hose?
Left side - shorter one coming on the bottom of radiator.
Discovered yesterday mine has a small pin hole in it.

This is the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-05-2014, 02:37 PM

A lower radiator hose is easy to find - you should be able to find what you need at your local auto parts store. Over the years GG has used radiators with a straight outlet nipple for the upper hose and earlier models with a 90 degree outlet nipple for the upper hose. If you ever need the upper hose and your radiator has the straight nipple the correct hose is harder to find (because there are two 90 degree bends in the hose) but there is a solution - you can use two hoses joined in the middle with a connector. My 2011 gasser came stock with a connector (with built in thermostat). If yours has one to your in luck since either "half" of the hose will be in stock at your local parts store - just find one that has the bend you need and cut it to length. If you don't have a connector they should be available at the parts store as well.

Last edited by gasser; 02-05-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:05 PM

5/8 id radiator hose, I replaced mine just the other day and pulled it back off the bent pipe to get some more rides out of it before winter teardown.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
A lower radiator hose is easy to find - you should be able to find what you need at your local auto parts store. Over the years GG has used radiators with a straight outlet nipple for the upper hose and earlier models with a 90 degree outlet nipple for the upper hose. If you ever need the upper hose and your radiator has the straight nipple the correct hose is harder to find (because there are two 90 degree bends in the hose) but there is a solution - you can use two hoses joined in the middle with a connector. My 2011 gasser came stock with a connector (with built in thermostat). If yours has one to your in luck since either "half" of the hose will be in stock at your local parts store - just find one that has the bend you need and cut it to length. If you don't have a connector they should be available at the parts store as well.
I am so glad that I thought of that idea.....just joking!!!
Another reason the group of members on this forum are so awesome.
I actually almost have it back together. I had a piece of hose leftover from when I installed an Aluminum cooler on the left upper hose.

Now I need to order me some of the right hose clamps since I had lost some and was using the WRONG type of clamp that digs into the hose very easily.

Thanks again!!!