Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:16 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Go back through this thread Phil. There is all the info required on how to set the Lectron up. Even pics of where my fuel height was.

Note that these carbs will be hard to start if the slide is too high. They need to be nice and low to get a good signal. First page of the thread for pics. Good luck.
Thanks for the tip, but, and with no disrespect, I was looking for advice a little closer to home, and for the 300. I will start with your (exceptionally well documented) settings, but I was testing the water to see if there was a particular setting for NW Washington.

I think that my float is a bit too high, as the fuel goes right up to the bowl joint at the front. I'll drop it a mm or so, set the slide at a touch above closed, and go from there. I think my metering rod is already at 50.XXmm, so it's pretty close. I just need to confirm the power jet setting (which only affects WOT, right?). It was getting fuel, just not at the right mix.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
And I also need to hook up with you sometime for a ride. I have never ridden at Walker Valley. I always go East to CleElum but no riding there now.
If/when I get some free time I will definitely let you know. Probably end of February or so before I get up there. Let me know if you are doing the Desert 100 this year, I hope to have a big pit/camp spot all set up for fun and food. And beer.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:37 PM

Call Lectron, they have a viton gasket to deal with any bowl leakage.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thats ok Phil, and I was in no way implying that my settings would equate to your settings. Simply trying to give you something in the ballpark to get the bike to fire. The float level and slide height in particular.

Also, a complete turn (4 adjustments) is only around 1mm in total. It should have you close. As Stu also suggested, double check the MR. 3-1XL seemed to be alright for our bikes. The MS3 which Kelly developed for the 165 Husky seems to fall a bit flat in the lower mid.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:13 AM

Yes on the MS3.

On my Gasser 250, it felt a little lean in the mid, certainly down on power. Where it reared its ugly head was in deep sand. I went back to the stocker and it was all dandy.