Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmanseth View Post
Wow, didn't know that was possible.
Lol neither did I until I tried it with that setup. About the same effort I would have normally put into wheelying in 4th is all that I had to apply in 6th.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

My 250 will lift the front wheel on the pipe in 5th and 6th without too much effort using the NEDW. Its all about being in the meat of the power when you need to be.

If you have an engine that runs poorly below half throttle and then comes to life you are essentially going from nothing to everything in a moment. It doesn't mean it's making more power; more so making it abruptly; which in turn feels like its making a lot of power.

Hold the throttle half open and dump the clutch every time you want to apply power and you can easily simulate the same thing. Sure it'll feel strong, but also be a dog to ride.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:50 PM

what would u guys consider a good baseline for jetting with the N3CH? I just tried a 185 main and 38 pilot with it in clip 3. Still pretty hot on top. Mid range feels weak and boggy. Lows feel decent but has a hard time idling after sitting after a big rev. Sea level, pump gas, Canada, #7 slide. ASII. 50:1 motul 800. Has checkpoint off-road PV cover. Everything else is stock. I tried 180 main and 40 pj yesterday. Lows were blubbery, mids came on great, highs were too crisp and lean. Plug was looking pretty light.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:17 PM

I run N3CH and I am at 180 main 40p and clip 3. Runs great across the board. No spooge and plug looks good. I run 110 leaded fuel. 400ft above sea and 70-95* F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2015, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

You're starting to stray away from known good settings, which to me would indicate that something else could be at play.

Are you certain it's not pulling air somewhere? or starving itself of fuel? I'd start by checking the flow from the tank, and then move onto pulling the flywheel to inspect the stator seal.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
You're starting to stray away from known good settings, which to me would indicate that something else could be at play.

Are you certain it's not pulling air somewhere? or starving itself of fuel? I'd start by checking the flow from the tank, and then move onto pulling the flywheel to inspect the stator seal.
I removed the S3 flywheel weight and inspected the crank seal then. No air leaks anywhere either. I actually removed the check valve in the tank breather line. Tank is clean and tank filter looks great. I'm starting to wonder if the fuel here in NB Canada is partly to blame. I haven't seen any people on this forum posting jetting specs that are from this area. I put a jet kit in a couple bikes that came with instructions that turned out to be too lean for here. When I got the bike, it had 175 main, 38pj, and JD red needle. I just rode it with 185 main, 38pj, and JD red. Seems alot better and I'm not chasing the idle around with that setup. A little rich on top, but only when getting into the over revs. I'm ganna wait for the NEDW needle to show up and try working around it before I go any further. I'll keep you's posted. Thanx.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:24 PM

The NEDW will be a lot richer. Start on clip 2

Old 06-26-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
The NEDW will be a lot richer. Start on clip 2

Yes: according to Jakob's link that he sent, on page 1, as a reference- NEWD should be Lean-moderate-rich. So I'm guessing that I'll have to throw in a larger PJ to compensate for the lows/idle circuit, and possibly try a smaller Main. Maybe 178main?
Old 06-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Start with a 40/42 pilot, and 178 main. Clip pos #2/3.

Both JD and Suzi needles have 3 tapers. JD is richer on the diameter, a bit leaner through the mid, and much leaner towards the pointy end of the needle. You'll notice with them side by side that the Suzuki needle will provide much more fuel through to wot. It will be leaner off idle, you've also noted that you have some burbles down low.