Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > Other GasGas Bikes/Quads

Other GasGas Bikes/Quads Trials, Pampera, Wild HP, etc.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:28 PM

Default Wild HP300 suspension

Hell all,
I just picked up a 2003 wild 300 quad, its a pretty fun ride, but it can use some work. I have heard that a 48" front suspension kit was offered for it but have not found and info on what was included. Does anybody know if its the same components that the later year quads had? or perhaps there may still be aftermarket alternatives out there.
Ive sourced most of what I need, but was wondering if there is a good US based source for parts on these bikes. I'm considering ordering direct from Spain, but prefer not to due to any possible complications.
Right now i'm looking for an axle, full set of plastics, that 48" suspension kit components, and various electrical stuff the previous owner removed to convert the road gear to an ride it off road.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:48 AM

I have the same quad and live here in the States. Parts are non existent. The 48" A-arms are no longer available. You can have them cut to size and rewelded but make sure they can weld chromoly. The one I have had it done and I tell you this, the welds hold up 15 ft jumps over table tops in ATV race track. You're best bet is to buy another one for spare parts. But that will be hard to do with I've only ever seen 1 or 2 other quads for sale. I posted here a while back. Good thing about this quad is the motor is the same one as the EC dirt bike. So you can keep the motor running. I believe the motor the same tili 2011? You will need to find some other plastic of something else for it. Or you could run no plastic. Show of the chromoly detachable subframe. Also you will need a new sprocket at some point I hit up a local riders store and asked about getting a sprocket made and I got 1 cost $70 to get it PRI makes them. They quit making quads in 2013 and barely got in to the States due to the name GasGas ppl had no idea they ripped so hard. You can download the manual for it at GasGas.com they have it free.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:28 AM

Default Tie rods

I have a 2003 Wild HP 300 and was wondering the same thing about where to get parts. I am in need of tie rods and am working with American Star out of Utah to see if he can find a suitable tie rod that will work on this quad. He had me take a number of measurements and pictures so I am hopeful he can find one that will fit. I think the ones on my quad were shortened - they measure 13 inches without ends and it only threads 1/4 to 1/2 inch on to the ends. The previous owner may have had the stock ones cut down since he used it for TT'ing and he was running the narrower a-arms.

Any suggestions for other sources for tie rods would be appreciated. Also, can I get a measurement on the stock tie rods? I have a feeling the stock rods for a 2003 should measure 14 inches or more since the A-arms are so wide.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 05-30-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Gassin View Post
I have the same quad and live here in the States. Parts are non existent. The 48" A-arms are no longer available. You can have them cut to size and rewelded but make sure they can weld chromoly. The one I have had it done and I tell you this, the welds hold up 15 ft jumps over table tops in ATV race track. You're best bet is to buy another one for spare parts. But that will be hard to do with I've only ever seen 1 or 2 other quads for sale. I posted here a while back. Good thing about this quad is the motor is the same one as the EC dirt bike. So you can keep the motor running. I believe the motor the same tili 2011? You will need to find some other plastic of something else for it. Or you could run no plastic. Show of the chromoly detachable subframe. Also you will need a new sprocket at some point I hit up a local riders store and asked about getting a sprocket made and I got 1 cost $70 to get it PRI makes them. They quit making quads in 2013 and barely got in to the States due to the name GasGas ppl had no idea they ripped so hard. You can download the manual for it at GasGas.com they have it free.
Yes, Im in New York, there's def not much support for these in the states. Surprisingly everybody Ive talked to about it has been really nice and somewhat helpful.
So far parts wise I have found everything I have needed, though you have to order world wide to get them (rotor from Australia, bolts and other hardware from china, etc). Luckally there is already lots of go fast goodies on the bike you cant find any more.
I have a EK chain and PBR sprocket setup on watch on fleabay right now, mine are not needed right away, but will be soon. They look to be about $110, but ship from Europe, so Im not sure the exact amount till you get a papal withdrawal. I know Ive seen them other places when I first looked into the quad so they are out there.
Im starting to think about using plastic off another quad and importing a Decal kit from England. Ive noticed that although really overbuilt, the design looks really Hondaish, Im gonna look into that when its time. As far as suspension, im going to keep my eye out for front suspension stuff and get an adjustable extended axle, see how that works. Mine axle is bent and Ive been in contact with Durablue on other projects and have an eye on one when finances allow. I mainly woods ride and surprisingly with the 50ish front wheelbase I have had amazingly little trouble in tight stuff. I actually had to go out of my way on my test ride to see what it took to get her stuck, and it was really remarkable what the quad could do. I don't think Ill be track racing anytime soon but I am def gonna get her on a track sometime.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluablast99 View Post
I have a 2003 Wild HP 300 and was wondering the same thing about where to get parts. I am in need of tie rods and am working with American Star out of Utah to see if he can find a suitable tie rod that will work on this quad. He had me take a number of measurements and pictures so I am hopeful he can find one that will fit. I think the ones on my quad were shortened - they measure 13 inches without ends and it only threads 1/4 to 1/2 inch on to the ends. The previous owner may have had the stock ones cut down since he used it for TT'ing and he was running the narrower a-arms.

Any suggestions for other sources for tie rods would be appreciated. Also, can I get a measurement on the stock tie rods? I have a feeling the stock rods for a 2003 should measure 14 inches or more since the A-arms are so wide.

Thanks,
Kevin
Mine measure 15 3/4 inches nut to nut on the rod itself, that doesn't include the ball joints. I have 4/1 wheels on the front and the total wheelbase comes in just short of 51 inches outside wheel tip to tip. The quad came factory stock with the 52 inch road set up, though a previous owner took all the stuff off.
I never measured the front wheelbase with the oe wheels, they had a newish set of sand tires on them with matching rear wheels when I got the quad. My friend wanted them, so I gave them to him, Im not planning to ride in soft sand enough to justify storing them.