Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:46 AM

20200613_123039.jpg

Lock down lifted ...so it got its first taste of dirt last weekend

Felt strange at first after years on a 4T...after a couple of hours I got into the groove....

Found I needed to ride more aggressively but the suspension and handling took everything I threw at it...

1.5 turns on the power valve and rain map made it perfect for the gnarly stuff we were riding.

My riding buddy took a coupe of turns on it and is now looking to trade his Beta....told him he'll have to wait for e Reju!

Last edited by Beastie Boy; 06-20-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Old 06-21-2020, 02:01 AM

On the negative side

Jetting is still pretty shite....better than before they removed the restrictor but not great low down....and will bog on quick throttle opening ... still rideable in the terrain...but needs some work

Wider than I would like up front ....I'm coming off a beam frame bike with the tank sitting in between the frame rails so I guess that's why I notice a difference.

Bars need to be taller for me and I think I'll end up gearing it lower for some of the really snotty climbs . Both of these are personal preference and easily fixed
Old 06-21-2020, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie Boy View Post
On the negative side

Jetting is still pretty shite....better than before they removed the restrictor but not great low down....and will bog on quick throttle opening ... still rideable in the terrain...but needs some work

Wider than I would like up front ....I'm coming off a beam frame bike with the tank sitting in between the frame rails so I guess that's why I notice a difference.

Bars need to be taller for me and I think I'll end up gearing it lower for some of the really snotty climbs . Both of these are personal preference and easily fixed
On the positive side this gives you something to do!

It's all personal setup from here on in. Same for any brand of bike really.

Every new GG I buy follows the same process..

Head pulled, squish clearance measured, sent to TSP for modification.
Jetting set (float height, pilot and main recorded, and needle of my choice selected) - it's just a baseline knowing some adjustment will be required.
Suspension - set baseline sag measurements and record. Record clicker settings.
Gearing - 13/50 has always been my go to. I find 13/48 a bit too tall for the steep stuff. I'd rather stay out of 1st gear most the time.

For you. If you're bogging when whacking the throttle I'd be adjusting the pilot jet and/or air screw. Start with AS and up the pilot if you end up under 1 turn out from fully seated. I'd also be checking what clip position they have the needle in.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:01 AM

Thanks Jakobi, good advice

I was thinking about 13/50....seems other have the same experience ...I had to knock down to first for slow snotty climbs ....like you a want to be able to climb in second!
Old 06-24-2020, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

No worries.

I might even go 13/52 on the 2018 model.. but I'm also on a 250. I feel like the internal gearing on these new ones is taller than the older ones. I haven't confirmed if it is.. just feels that way.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:52 PM

I have 13/52, a 2018 ec300, and the gearing is still longer than my friends Beta 300 RR...