Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:35 PM

Default Oil or fuel all over carb and left side of motor

Hoping somebody has had something similar and can help or has ideas. Last week I rode in some sand. After the ride my carb and motor has sand caked all over it from either oil or fuel all over the place. This is the first time I noticed anything like this. I cleaned it up and ran the bike in the driveway and didn?t see any oil or fuel leaks anywhere. Clutch oil level looks good too. Again today the same thing happened. After a ride it looks to be fuel or oil everywhere. I wiped some off and was hard to smell what it was. I am thinking if is fuel because I spray a little simple green and then water and it all comes completely off, I don?t think oil would come off this easy. It is everywhere even under my gas tank but mostly concentrated to the carb area. I also recently did the starter wet mod but I put a vent line going up the front of the frame by the radiator and there isn?t any oil up there so I don?t think that is it. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2558503C-D930-4A46-9552-3B51D9D47468.jpg (136.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 93D58CAC-A841-475F-B28F-4C82C9548121.jpg (119.9 KB, 25 views)

Old 08-26-2019, 12:54 AM

Clean everything perfectly, then get some baby powder. Run the bike for a few minutes on tarmac if you can. Then spread the baby powder over the suspect area, let it sit and see where it gets wet. If you don't see anything blow it off with compressed air, take another ride and repeat....

Check where your crank case bleeder hose is. For me it seems that it is either fuel from the carb or oil from the CC bleeder hose...
Old 08-26-2019, 02:56 AM

Check the countershaft seal and the o ring behind it. Oil leaking from there can be flung all over from the back of the sprocket.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:47 AM

You haven't applied too much chain oil by any chance?
I noticed when cleaning my powervalve the other week that there's 2 little breather hoses which go up beside the head then go back down again.
Perhaps your vent hoses are aimed back toward the engine and letting some oily fumes out?