Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:18 PM

Default where to go from here. jetting q.

ok i got my slide cut to a no.7, and got a cck needle, 3rd clip. i love the bike when its on the needle! well, sortof, i may need to move the clip up one or down one, im going to wait to tinker with that. however, the main and pilot still seem wrong. going up its like i hit a flat spot around 1/2-2/3 throttle, where the rpms seem to hit a wall and stop going up. im pretty sure its fat if the plug is anything to judge by, its at a 178 right now, so i think im going to go to a 175 and see if that helps, but the pilot is blubbery too. right now its at a 40, and ron said maybe try fatter, but, i spoke to the first owner of the bike, and he said they always ran a 38. so do i go up or down? i dont know if cutting the slide will change how the pilot affects it, and im inclined to go with the 38. just lookin for your guys opinions. oh! and while im thinkin about it, and i know this is the wrong place, but will the clutch pack from an 05 de300 fit in my 03 ec250? my basket is dead shot and the clutch grabs like nothing else, and a fellas got that pack for sale at just the right price, so im wondering for sure if it will fit.
thanks for any input!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Check ur spark plug for a start see what colour it is If its black and sooty it is well rich, if it is White it is too lean. should be tan colour.

Are you sure that your power valve is opening?

The clutch should fit some one else may jump in and confirm this.
FMF Gnarly
Old 07-11-2010, 02:41 PM

i dont know if taking a plug reading is going to help, especially with the pilot and the main, the air screw position should determine the pilot if i remember right, and i cant get any time on the main jet because it doesnt want to run in that rpm range. it wont go up much past 3/4 throttle max then it kindof hits a ceiling, and i know it has more than that. im starting to think you may be onto something with that powervalve though.....
Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Site Sponsor

check:
power valve operation
ignition timing
plug color at all openings that you can make bike run at.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 07-12-2010, 12:53 PM

I have an 07 ec300 and run the cck needle and find it to work very well on the bottom but not as well in the middle or on top when compared to the stock N1EH. The cck needle seems leaner on the bottom making for a more crisp and powerful power delivery but on top it is richer and kills the over rev on my bike. The cck needle completely takes away any transition from bottom to mid range so it makes the bike very easy to ride especially in wet and technical conditions. The stock needle is a lot more fun than the cck when I ride above 1/4 throttle in dry conditions.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:56 PM

I suppose what you need to think about is and ask.

What did it run like before you cut the slide?
FMF Gnarly
Old 07-12-2010, 06:13 PM

no.6 slide, 40 pilot, CEL needle (which i didnt know until i had it cut, as i also had him replace the stuck and stripped out keeper, bought that way) and a 178 main. air screw about 2- 2.5 turns out (i adjust it most times i ride). it ran insane rich. like spooge pooring out the pipe, couldnt do anything past half throttle, and itd foul plugs every few rides.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:16 PM

the more i think about it, the more im inclined to believe that the powervalve is at least part of the problem, though i wouldnt think it has much to do with all of the spooge and black plugs. cuz even at low rpm a properly jetted bike should run clean.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Site Sponsor

just change 1 thing 1 size /position at a time and ride it each time. note if it's better or worse where that change has effect. it is very hard to jet over the internet.... just work on 1 thing at a time. pilot first, then get air screw right, then get needle. the main is usually very easy. either it runs great wot or it don't.

you can't go off of what previous owner had jetting wise unless you trust he was right....

ballpark it around 175/42/3rd position and 1.5 out and go from there.

you said it ran 'insane rich' at 178. that tells you something right?

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Yes, one thing at a time. You should not be too rich with a 175, in fact that was borderline lean in all of my 3 250s. I run a 180 and my bike is an animal on top, not rich. I also agree with gasser, the CCK is a bit lean and flat for a 250 especially with a 7 slide, better in a 300. These bikes go flat on the torque if lean, better to err on the rich side if any. Check your PV, reeds, float height, primary crank seal, ignition. I assume Ron cut the slide so its correct? Did he replace the nozzle? Get a DDK, DEK to experiment with.

Oh, yes the clutch should work fine.