Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:25 PM

Default Bad bottom end possible electrical fault

Hi guys,

I?m trying to sort a poor bottom end on my 2015 ec250 and something has just dawned on me.

About 5 rides ago, I did away with the estart and fitted the plastic cover.

I undid the three longish cap head screws that went through the starter ring gear, through the spacer and then through the flywheel and pulled the ring gear and the spacer off. I did not put the three bolts back in as at the time and still now i am unable to see if they had any other purpose looking at the drawings.

Is there anyway the timing could now be out due to not refitting the three bolts, I?m not very au fait with what?s behind the flywheel so don?t know whether or not I could?ve caused a timing issue which has in turn caused the now power issue I?m having.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ION%20FLYWHEEL

Looking at the parts fiche I assume you mean the 3 bolts that hold the starter gear to the flywheel. From what I can see they have no other function than doing just that.

The flywheel is pressed/pulled onto the crank in position with a keyway. If you didn't remove it I doubt that is your problem.

One thing you have done is remove a lot of rotational mass. Is it possible that you are feeling that? What exactly is a poor bottom end?
Old 12-30-2017, 04:18 PM

Hi mate, thanks for taking the time to reply.

The arrangement on my Bike was totally different to that drawing, or any of the other drawings I have come across, although now thinking about it, that can?t be my issue anyway which is kind of a relief.

As for the poor low end, the last 3 or 4 times out the Bike has had a terrible bottom end, stalls easily, won?t pull into the higher revs unless your in exactly the right gear and runs out of puff on very slight inclines, it?s reallt bad.

So far in a bid to sort it I have, adjusted the slack out of the PV governor, fitted new spark plug, drained fuel and filled with fresh, split silencer and cleaned and repacked, stripped carb and cleaned out jets and body of carb, checked all electrical connections and I?m still none the wiser.

The bottoms end is very poor and I?m pretty sure in saying that the top isn?t all that either but once you get it on the pipe it will pull. The symptoms are akin to a clogged slow jet but I?ve had it out and cleaned in an ultrasonic and it came out like new.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Any high idle symptoms or hestitation when opening the throttle quickly in neutral? Have you checked fuel flow to the carb? Not a blocked filter or breather tube?
Old 12-30-2017, 04:48 PM

There was a bit of hesitation but I managed to adjust that out with air screw.

Idle is perfect, it?ll sit there idling all day.

Fuel flow to the carb is definitely ok, no blocked filters.

I?ve not checked the breather tubes in honesty, that?s something to look at too, thanks.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:35 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Did you remove the battery along with e-start? I know the cdi's are different between e-start and kick. I've been curious what the result would be from removing the battery power.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
Did you remove the battery along with e-start? I know the cdi's are different between e-start and kick. I've been curious what the result would be from removing the battery power.
I was a bit lazy and left the battery in place. I just removed the motor and the live feed from the starter relay and then fitted the plastic magneto cover.