Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 PM

Default Just dont use mineral oil in it !

Ok so i have struggled with the `11 Six Days and the Flexx bar setup:
I couldn't cut enough off of the bars to race fast in the woods .. (VCHSS Single track Hare Scramble) The AJP clutch master cylinder didn't have the clearance to move inward, so I decided to get the Brembo .. My good friend has this on his `08 320xcfw and it is the softest clutch I have ever pulled . SO off to Ebay I went and found a brand new unit in the box for $180. Installed the new MC and shortened the bars trimmed the Bark Busters .. all Good =) Filled the Master Cylinder with some fresh mineral oil(Magura Blood) I had left over form my days on the Suzuki RM. I was completely happy once I go the system bled and working I even putted around he yard and the swimming pool thinking this was a real good swap/choice. I roosted a little dirt in the pool and put it away the bike after being cussed out by the wife ! =)). I went out on Friday night and the the clutch MC was nearly stuck??? Felt like and old cable clutch with no lube on the cable.. I looked down on the cover and it said Dot 4-5.1 only and at that point there was a eureka moment ..
None the less I tore down the brand new Clutch MC and the seals were ruined =(( Moral of the story ???? It cost $47.00 for the new piston and seal kit for your Brembo MC so don't use mineral oil in it !!!!!
And the flame throwers begin .. yes I am supposed to a top shelf mechanic .. But I am Human too +) I missed my favorite race of the season because of it so be gentle ..???
]| DUAL SPORT ARMORY Suspension
]| Hampton Roads HVAC.com Contracting

"You mean I have to put oil on the gas too?"
" Where is Kutcher ?"