Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Love it!! Sounds like something I would do!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Its always interesting for me to hear of the issues you guys out west have with sharing public land.
Yeah, it is a bizarre....such divisions between user groups. I don't get it. As my mom said: "If you ya'll can't get along and share, I am taking the ball away."

I remember when we were kids, we rode, bikes, quads, ATC's, go carts...we didn't care, just cared about having fun.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned

Alot of the issues out west, particularly in AZ is the shooters. I love shooting, I reload and own a few guns. Alot of the OHV ares have shooters that will bring out there garbage shoot it up and leave it. Around the single track by my house its a weekly cleaning job to pick up afters these guys. just picked up 4 old computers and an old tube tv set. When we ride the area now we bring a rake and garbage bags with us. Which has been a plus the last couple of months. The sheriffs have seen us riding and then they drive by later and see us cleaning up, they pretty much leave us alone now.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Alot of the issues out west, particularly in AZ is the shooters. I love shooting, I reload and own a few guns. Alot of the OHV ares have shooters that will bring out there garbage shoot it up and leave it. Around the single track by my house its a weekly cleaning job to pick up afters these guys. just picked up 4 old computers and an old tube tv set. When we ride the area now we bring a rake and garbage bags with us. Which has been a plus the last couple of months. The sheriffs have seen us riding and then they drive by later and see us cleaning up, they pretty much leave us alone now.
The last work party I was part of, at a local 4x4 area...we hauled out 15 yards of trash, and I pulled string of tires behind my truck, nearly 100 feet long. It's amazing how fast an area gets littered up when so many users roll through.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
One of my best friend has about 100 acres near my house and several of us got together and built trails on it. Now we go ride on there on the weekend and drink beer afterwards. Sometimes more beer than riding!
Funny story about the guy who owns the land. Right after he bought it 20 years ago he found a guy bow hunting on his land. The guy was in a climbing stand. Troy told him he now owned the property and that he needed to leave. The guy told him that he had permission and wasn't leaving. Troy went home on his ATV and got his big freaking Stihl chain saw. He rode up to the tree and starting pulling on the rope to start it. The guy came down the tree very quickly and left. Troy has no more issues with tresspassers!
That's how us country boys roll. A country boy has breathing friends (dogs and drinking buddies) and non-breathing friends (fire arms and power tools). If in need of help at least one of those friends is always handy.