Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:03 AM

Default Eddieville XC and GP race report.

We started of the OMRA XC and GP series last weekend at Eddieville. I after a 20 year laps decided to race again and it was my sons (15) second year. We both have never been there before. Saturday was the XC which consisted of 2 1/2 hours plus one lap on an 8 mile course. They ran us on a motorcross track, flat track, log section and everything in between. The rain stopped last weekend so there were only a few mud sections. I got a terrible start and it wasn't long before the hand cramps started. I finally loosened up after a couple laps and got into my groove. Then the leg cramps came into play. All in all it was an ok day. I finished 14 out of 21. The kid rode way to timid, struggled with the mud sections and even got stuck a couple of times. He finished 6th.

Sunday was the GP 1 1/2 hour long plus one lap. Pretty much the same course but ran backwards. I was terribly sore and didn't know how today would go. I was 3rd off the start, figured out the bike starts better in 2nd with the rekluse. I loosened up pretty fast and was feeling pretty good after the first lap. By the final lap the rain was coming down but thankfully we were done for the day. I finished 8th out of 22. The kid was more confident and owned the mud sections this time. He did crash half way thru the last lap and bent the shifter against the case. He was stuck in 3rd from there on. He finished 5th.

The kid is on spring break. He will spend the day soaking and washing the bikes. The mud is like concrete. All in all it was a great time with friends.

Before

After

Last edited by Phaeton; 03-21-2016 at 01:20 PM.