Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Low View Post
Vedder Mtn? Taken my 4x4 there to test some things out, and I paddle the Chiliwack BC. a lot, but never had my GG up there.
Vedder Mtn. is OK...but way to busy. Come the weekend it's very crowded. I've had my GG trials there mostly at the top where other bike don't ride. The interior of BC Canada is where you want to come to 1000's of miles of trails...everywhere. Heck you're lucky if you even see other rider during a ride. Some of the best riding in the world...
Go to Youtube just search 'Kamloops BC motorcycle' and check out some videos of the area.

07 TXT 280
77 TY175

Old 12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
Hannes,
Move to Texas, bring plenty of that great Belgium beer, and we will ride every weekend--- some weekdays too.

bchatt...i hate you, but i would like to come and visit, sounds awesome.
Haha, Boyscout, do I detect the blind jealousy of a fellow windsurfer?
To those who don't know, windsurfing can become an extremely obsessive addiction to those who become hooked. I have been known, having spotted an approaching breeze whilst riding up on the hills behind home, to cut my ride short and ride flat out back home and grab the windsurfer. It can be sooo hard to get your wetsuit on when you're all sweaty from riding.....life is hard......sorry, off topic. (such is the strength of the windsurfing passion).
Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 PM

No, not a surfer I'm just jealous that you have a beach on one side and mountains/trails on the other. I would love to learn to surf and sail. I live in a very windy area which has some sailing, but have never tried it. I have been invited to be ballast before but haven't taken advantage. From time to time there will be men with parachutes and boards on there feet(not sure what you call it) at the lake down from my house. I am planning to go to New Zealand in 2013 on vacation with friends and family. I think i could live in New Zealand.
t
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGas View Post
Move to CANADA. Lots of riding here. Economy is in a bit better shape than most places too.
how about green card and stuff like that? work permits... visa...
what does an average house cost to rent, how easy is it to get a job as body worker (painter)... too many question made in the wronng place i guess

Last edited by hannesd; 12-08-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
Vedder Mtn. is OK...but way to busy. Come the weekend it's very crowded. I've had my GG trials there mostly at the top where other bike don't ride. The interior of BC Canada is where you want to come to 1000's of miles of trails...everywhere. Heck you're lucky if you even see other rider during a ride. Some of the best riding in the world...
Go to Youtube just search 'Kamloops BC motorcycle' and check out some videos of the area.
euhm, THAT does seem like a good place to live and ride!!
anyone out there got an extra bike i could use if i came to visit?

hannes.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannesd View Post
euhm, THAT does seem like a good place to live and ride!!
anyone out there got an extra bike i could use if i came to visit?
hannes.
Any time you want. I have a couple of extra bikes floating around.

"Mi casa es su casa" and I mean that.

pm sent

07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Banned

Back when I was a younger man, I was a sponsored rockclimber/competitor. I moved to Colorado to be closer to more rock access. Then I traveled over seas to Spain of all places(before I knew about Gas Gas) I always wanted to move there. They have more limestone cliffs then I could have climbed in my life time..I still get giddy when I think about the time I spent there. Everybody I ever met while I was there was so nice and relaxed. People we didnt even know would invite us into there home. Sorry, I went on, just good memories!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
how about green card and stuff like that? work permits... visa...
what does an average house cost to rent, how easy is it to get a job as body worker (painter)... too many question made in the wronng place i guess
good beer in canada too!! A belgian's gotta apprieciate that!!

Body Worker (painter) ...do you mean autobody work i.e. you paint cars??
you could get a job anywhere you want in the states. Lots of sand in Florida ... pay isn't so hot down that way though .. living is cheaper though.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
good beer in canada too!! A belgian's gotta apprieciate that!!

Body Worker (painter) ...do you mean autobody work i.e. you paint cars??
you could get a job anywhere you want in the states. Lots of sand in Florida ... pay isn't so hot down that way though .. living is cheaper though.

yes i do paint cars
i work at a car terminal at the port of zeebrugge (belgium) and i fix transport damages.
the good thing about that is, that all cars are brand new and not dirty and all pieces the would need replacement are new too so it's very rewarding work when you see the result of your work,you see.
now, i'm not the best payed either here because we do pay ALOT of taxes.
would anyone have an idea how much a painter would make per hour (after tax deduction)?

hannes.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
it's true, we do have some good beer but that drains my batteries aswell as my pocket and the next day i'm not satisfied (hangover)
i do have a massive feeling of satisfaction when i had that great ride!
Yeah, I'm hearing ya mate... Nothing better than smashing out a 3-4 hour ride in the bush to clear up a hang over.

I can't imagine living in a country where trail bike riding is so limited(I'm obsessed and couldn't live without it).

Australia might be for you?

I have 3 bikes, 1 for desert/adventure riding, 1 for single track and 1 for anything in between. All 3 bikes get a fair workout.
Also we have bloody good beer!!!!