Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ventura View Post
never swing a leg over with out riding boots or a helmet
ED
my thoughts exactly.
the pumkin doesnt win against the street or even dirt.

2014 Beta Evo Factory 300

Old 12-24-2011, 07:38 PM

So it's the day before Christmas and I'm selling this TT-R 90 I took in on trade. We're out in the driveway - I'm in a pullover and tennis shoes. The liitle bike fires right up but won't run off choke just yet, so it's idling high.

The dad isn't really a rider, so I click it into gear to show him how easy it will to ride for his kid. Part way down the street to the right the asphalt is still snow covered from being in the shade. To the left into the cul-de-sac the cars have packed the snow into a high sheen.

Can't help but think of Ed, so I do about a 20ft circle then back into the driveway. Discretion is supposedly the better part of valor.

Have a Merry Christmas guys, and be safe!
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 12-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
So it's the day before Christmas and I'm selling this TT-R 90 I took in on trade. We're out in the driveway - I'm in a pullover and tennis shoes. The liitle bike fires right up but won't run off choke just yet, so it's idling high.

The dad isn't really a rider, so I click it into gear to show him how easy it will to ride for his kid. Part way down the street to the right the asphalt is still snow covered from being in the shade. To the left into the cul-de-sac the cars have packed the snow into a high sheen.

Can't help but think of Ed, so I do about a 20ft circle then back into the driveway. Discretion is supposedly the better part of valor.

Have a Merry Christmas guys, and be safe!
Too funny!

I have to tell you. Today I took the kids out to ride there dirt bikes and I take mine along to jet it for the winter. Well, I to remember Ed and put on my boots, helmet and gloves. Well my wife meets us after she gets off work. I get a wild hair up my bum to try and impress my young beautiful wife and relive my youth by getting the bike on it's back wheel. I panic at the last second after about a 30 ft. wheelie and flip the bike over and eat a dirt sandwich. To bad I didnt put on the elbow and knee pads and my padded shorts. I think my ego was bruised more then me, but oh well!

Be safe everyone and have a Happy Holiday!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendr3702 View Post
Ed... at our age... we consider that brain fade..

We had the chance here to do a shane watts class.. great learning class.. one of the drills he has you do is to slide the front tire locked up for as far as you can(on dirt of course)...
I have left about a 6' black mark on my driveway with the front tire locked up... it is way cool...

thanks for sharing...

Jay
I have done two Watts classes, both completely different. first was up north of Dallas in the rain and the mud and the cow piles. Dang it was slippery and i kept smelling cow dung for a week, had fun though. drifting in the mud was a hoot. Was trashed the 2nd day, finding out that I don't rebound as well with diabetes, but still it was a riot and i was sore for days.

The 2nd one was not far from Houston, and it was fun too, would have been more so if I had not tried the class with the torn rotator cuff. Picked up a bunch of different stuff there this time with it dry. We did a lot more trail work and the grinding stuff, never got the hang of grinding a telephone pole

Overall, it really made me realize just how much i suck.
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.