Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
That's right, no glass-fronted showroom with dozens of bikes sitting around gathering dust here. Somehow though my GasGas guys still get their bikes serviced and my customers around the world can still count on me to supply them with parts.
Thanks, I'll be giving you a call

Old 04-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Hall's Cycles in Illinois always has a good stock of parts.

...well actually I'm not sure about trials parts. I need to read better. :/
Halls is a Gas Gas trials dealer as well, so parts isn't an issue.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
Hi, I'm new to gg bikes and picked up a older one that needs some lower end bearings and seals . I've talked to trial parts usa and they have it all in stock but only can sell for full retail , so they tell me to go to a dealer. So I've called a couple dealers they listed and gave them all the part numbers and no one gets back to me . Is there any decent dealers that are willing to help with getting parts for this or should I just go threw trial parts usa and pay full retail ? Mine is a 92 contact 32 w/ 327cc
Thanks
To be fair...here is the link to the Gas Gas Trials dealers. They are sorted by state, alphabetically. http://www.gasgas.com/dealers.htm
Old 04-30-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
That's right, no glass-fronted showroom with dozens of bikes sitting around gathering dust here. Somehow though my GasGas guys still get their bikes serviced and my customers around the world can still count on me to supply them with parts.
Steve has done an excellent job on turning around parts for my '05 300 in a hurry and has had parts on hand when I need them.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob 'berg View Post
steve has done an excellent job on turning around parts for my '05 300 in a hurry and has had parts on hand when i need them.
+1, a big plus one
Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

+1 Here too. Steve saved my arse a couple of times.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:17 PM

Dude, the last thing I would be worrying about is paying retail when trying to find parts for a 1992 Contact 32. I would be ecstatic just to find them!
Old 04-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
Dude, the last thing I would be worrying about is paying retail when trying to find parts for a 1992 Contact 32. I would be ecstatic just to find them!
My thoughts exactly!!!

Jeff
Old 05-01-2015, 09:28 AM

All that means is they have to sell you the parts at retail.Its an industry standard.
Point is, dont assume a dealer will sell you the parts for less.
Even if they did have everything you needed??

As far as bearings and seals go.You can usually go to a large bearing and seal retailer, walk through the door kind of deal with your old bearings and seals and they will match them up.
Dont worry about tatered seals with partial numbers.They will use calipers.

We used Neely bearing out of Grants Pass for years, a small mom and pop bearing and seal shop and they had 80% of what we needed on the shelf for any bike we were working on at the time.We made alot of mods to where they suggested upgrades on bearings(usually a better bearing for less) and we would use wider bearings in some applications, or 2 skinnier bearing that would carry the load of one bearing.

Especially in wheels where we would use wider bearings and shave the spacers down.That requires a skinnier seal.On big bore Hondas on the sprocket side we would run 2 bearings with no spacer no seal and just use a thin rubber washer and a thin steel washer over that.
You can glue the rubber to the washer and with a tight fit and some grease, you are golden.
We got a lot of hard miles out of the wheels we beefed up and never broke hubs.
Find a bearing and seal shop.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Banned

Forgot to mention that Steve charges you actual shipping costs and not a flat rate.