Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The way the Euro is motocrosscenter.com has the most competitive pricing. I'm all about shopping local and buying American when possible but looking for a rear brake pedal Hall's was more than twice as expensive than ordering it from Spain, even with shipping.

Halls has great customer service but $184 for what is basically a consumable? No thanks. Fortunately Ebay also has a bunch of stuff on it and I was able to get one from a fellow in UT.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Site Sponsor

Default Unfair practices that are in the process of being stopped!

While I appreciate the fact of a good buy on parts as much as the next guy, we are in the process of having motocross center being blocked, not just for the US market but other markets as well. This business is NOT even a GasGas retail dealer and the prior management at GasGas allowed them to purchase OEM parts at the same distributor costs without the overhead costs of bulk freight, without distribution insurance, and without having to create a profitable margin for dealer and retail alike!

New management at the factory is currently working with their vendors to block external companies such as motocross center from buying the same OEM product at the same OEM purchasing pricing! The new management is also in the process of changing the resale of their OEM parts to non GG distribution centers to be at a much higher cost.

I will be in Spain the last week in May to finalize a lot of these issues so that our dealers can continue to survive and promote GasGas in the US market.

If you are not supporting your US dealer, they in turn are not supporting your local race series or some local racers, as well as working on your favorite GasGas. Does anyone in the US see "motocross center" supporting a D-17 race? Or repairing your electrical issue? Is "motocross center" taking the profits and reinvesting in the offroad industry for the US like so many of our current dealers do?

Your next bike would maybe have to come from Spain as well then, but that I guarantee will be a way higher price, plus Euro vin, homologated and standard version bikes.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFasters View Post
While I appreciate the fact of a good buy on parts as much as the next guy, we are in the process of having motocross center being blocked, not just for the US market but other markets as well. This business is NOT even a GasGas retail dealer and the prior management at GasGas allowed them to purchase OEM parts at the same distributor costs without the overhead costs of bulk freight, without distribution insurance, and without having to create a profitable margin for dealer and retail alike!

New management at the factory is currently working with their vendors to block external companies such as motocross center from buying the same OEM product at the same OEM purchasing pricing! The new management is also in the process of changing the resale of their OEM parts to non GG distribution centers to be at a much higher cost.

I will be in Spain the last week in May to finalize a lot of these issues so that our dealers can continue to survive and promote GasGas in the US market.

If you are not supporting your US dealer, they in turn are not supporting your local race series or some local racers, as well as working on your favorite GasGas. Does anyone in the US see "motocross center" supporting a D-17 race? Or repairing your electrical issue? Is "motocross center" taking the profits and reinvesting in the offroad industry for the US like so many of our current dealers do?

Your next bike would maybe have to come from Spain as well then, but that I guarantee will be a way higher price, plus Euro vin, homologated and standard version bikes.

So if brake pedals are consumables you better buy a shit load of them TODAY!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:21 PM

Thumbs down

So what you are saying is not only is the resale value in the shitter owning a gas gas will become a more expensive?
Old 05-05-2015, 02:22 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_j View Post
So if brake pedals are consumables you better buy a shit load of them TODAY!
I'm super good at dropping the bike so...

I get what Mark is saying and ended up buying from the US. Fortunately the bike never needs much and it isn't it's fault if my riding breaks it.

It sure does sound like the old guard at the factory screwed the pooch on a lot of levels.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFasters View Post
This business is NOT even a GasGas retail dealer
This is good to know Mark.
I have ordered some parts through them that were unavailable in the US at the time. I just assumed they were a licensed Spanish dealer and had a easier time getting parts.