Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:56 AM

Default also an ongoing clutch problem......

ok, so i tried changing my gearbox oil to amsoil 0w-40, which helped some, but it still seems like the plates dont all separate inside the clutch. i have done all sorts of playing with the master cylinder, and i cant manage to get it to work any better. if i try and stop and pull the clutch in without giving it gas it dies. if i drop it in gear and dont turn the throttle up, it dies. im thinking that my clutch basket may be grooved, but how do i check that? and if i take off the clutch cover, will i need to replace the gasket, or if its intact can i reuse it? ive never dug into a clutch before, so im kindof nervous to. any other ideas as to why my clutch would not be working properly?

Old 05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Site Sponsor

check fingers of clutch basket for groove marks.

lay bike on right side. take outer clutch cover off. look and see if there's lotsa wear on basket fingers... but usually worn basket just makes engagement/disengagement grabby

you should pull the pressure plate, and pull the plates and measure them for spec. you'll need a micrometer. you maybe able to measure semi-accurately with a caliper... also check the metal plates and see if they're flat (piece of glass and feeler gauges) - i would think warped metal plates would cause your problem more than clutch basket..

you can also pull the clutch lever when the cover is off and see if the plates are separating..

oh yeah, the gasket is definitely reuasble.

i use mtl xl 2 stroke trans fluid. clutch has never dragged.

did you bleed the slave to make sure it's not just an air bubble?

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-19-2010, 01:24 PM

dont think its air because the lever feels like it should, its not soft or mushy, but ill give that a shot too. it isnt much, its just like if you didnt pull the clutch in quite all the way. thanks! ive turned my sites on the shock for a service now, so im hoping this clutch deal wont cost too much. its livable, just not likable.