Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:52 PM

If the wires are plugged together it is "Sun Mode" i did away with my switch on my 07. Got tired on knocking it into the rain mode with my fat fingers.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:42 PM

On a 2011, has anyone mounted the switch on their handlebars? I looked at mine, cut off some tywraps to fish it out and there's no way it could ever reach the handlebars. That's based on the wire going up the right side of the frame (shortest path).

Cost cutting is fine, but is an extra few inches of wire that expensive? Seems an odd way to provide a "handlebar switch".
Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

I find that with the switch on the handle bars, it would accidentally get bumped. Then I found myself constantly worrying about what position it was in.
It's easy to reach down and change the switch position when it's on the hose.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:00 PM

I moved mine last night. In the airbox it is zip tied together. I ran mine up the right side then over to the clutch side. I like playing with buttons
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil E. View Post
On a 2011, has anyone mounted the switch on their handlebars? I looked at mine, cut off some tywraps to fish it out and there's no way it could ever reach the handlebars. That's based on the wire going up the right side of the frame (shortest path).

Cost cutting is fine, but is an extra few inches of wire that expensive? Seems an odd way to provide a "handlebar switch".
Oddly enough, my 2010 XC00 wire was PLENTY long but on the 2011 300 E-Start, the switch wire is exactly 2 feet short of being long enough for proper mounting on the handlebar. I simply added an extension, then used shrink wrap. Mine is mounted next to the throttle.

Last edited by Rod Overstreet; 01-23-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Add Photo
Old 01-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
I find that with the switch on the handle bars, it would accidentally get bumped. Then I found myself constantly worrying about what position it was in.
It's easy to reach down and change the switch position when it's on the hose.
Yep I like the new location! I also had problems bumping it. I think I will add some inner tube under the switch to help protect the radiator hose, probably not an issue but I try to make things as reliable as possible.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:58 PM

My understanding is that the switch is attached to the radiator hose for predelivery as the bars arent attached to the bike when it comes out of the crate. The dealer is supposed to move the switch to the bars when he puts it together! I have put mine on the bars and I use it quite a bit. I like the winter mode when I start to get tired or when it it really slippery, I find it puts the power down better!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:29 PM

I wired mine in the hot position. It seemed to me that in the hot is has hit off the bottom and more on top. I can't see why you would ever want it the other way around.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Not a big difference on a 250, and very dependent on jetting on either bike. I think on a 300 it would be a very useful tool to take the edge off if you had the bike jetted crisp and set up to pull hard. One thing is if your going to use the high range you should jet the bike in the high range.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

I find it very useful on my 300. When it's slimy with lots of leaves (even snow and ice) I find you don't break traction as quickly. But having it mounted right next to the throttle I have hit it by mistake a few times
07 TXT 280
77 TY175