GasGas Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   GasGas Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-01-2018, 07:37 AM
RBrider RBrider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Fla & NC mtns
Posts: 259
Thumbs up

Went out two days ago with two friends. Did about 27 miles of mtn 50 inch trail, elevation ranging from 3000 to 5000 ft and very rocky. I was on my '01 xc 200. Believe me, once you get that bike dialed in to suit you, you won't be thinking of what year it is, only how well it works and how much you enjoy riding it.

RB


Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 09-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Zman's Avatar
Zman Zman is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post
Went out two days ago with two friends. Did about 27 miles of mtn 50 inch trail, elevation ranging from 3000 to 5000 ft and very rocky. I was on my '01 xc 200. Believe me, once you get that bike dialed in to suit you, you won't be thinking of what year it is, only how well it works and how much you enjoy riding it.

RB
I fully agree!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-01-2018, 09:20 PM
flatout111 flatout111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 165
Default

I did find out it is the Marzocchi forks not the WP. I still planning on getting it. Just need to get something that's inexpensive yet still pretty good thru the rough terrain.

I'll more than likely make an offer on that headlight. It's condition looks ok, not great, but maybe it will clean up.

Anyone out there have a kickstand or one of those clamp on kick stands? Or any decent extra handguards that would look good with this bike?

Thanks again for all the assistance. Hopefully will have it by Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-04-2018, 02:50 PM
flatout111 flatout111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 165
Default

Does anyone have any of the following laying around I could get for this bike?

1-Working headlight that will fit. I checked on the one on Ebay for a 2000 EC250 and it would be fine but the seller does not know if it works or not so that's a bit concerning.

2-kickstand that will work or a clamp on universal kickstand

3-some nice handguards that will work good and look good with this bike. Doesn't have to be wrap around style. These would be easy to get aftermarket but if anyone has anything I might as well check here first.

Any plastic that will fit. Not really fond of the black fender and the one with the tail light is black too. Looking one with a fender. If not, I'll just use the black one. No biggie.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-04-2018, 03:34 PM
hadfield4wd hadfield4wd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout111 View Post
I did find out it is the Marzocchi forks not the WP. I still planning on getting it. Just need to get something that's inexpensive yet still pretty good thru the rough terrain.


Thanks again for all the assistance. Hopefully will have it by Tuesday.
They look an awful lot like my WP extremes. Please take a picture of the top cap and bottom clamp. And if you have calipers measure the fork tube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout111 View Post
Does anyone have any of the following laying around I could get for this bike?

1-Working headlight that will fit. I checked on the one on Ebay for a 2000 EC250 and it would be fine but the seller does not know if it works or not so that's a bit concerning.

2-kickstand that will work or a clamp on universal kickstand

3-some nice handguards that will work good and look good with this bike. Doesn't have to be wrap around style. These would be easy to get aftermarket but if anyone has anything I might as well check here first.

Any plastic that will fit. Not really fond of the black fender and the one with the tail light is black too. Looking one with a fender. If not, I'll just use the black one. No biggie.
I have a working headlight, but I'm keeping it. Sorry. Mines redish anyway and not yellow.

Check out my thread. Has most of the answers in it. You can't get the shroud plastics.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20414

Plastics are 94-98 KX125/250 available in white or black

This is where I got my graphics.

http://graphicmx.com/ggkit.shtml

I have these rad guards

http://www.flatlandracing.com/Mercha...ry_Code=12-gas
__________________
Matt

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1996 BMW R1100RSL
2001 Triumph Speed Triple
2002 Suzuki SV650 for my 19 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 19 year old
2004 Kawasaki Mojave 250 for my 16 year old
1997 KDX 200 for my 16 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-05-2018, 08:22 AM
flatout111 flatout111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 165
Default

What other year GG plastics, etc are the same as the 99s?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-05-2018, 08:47 AM
hadfield4wd hadfield4wd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout111 View Post
What other year GG plastics, etc are the same as the 99s?
'97 - '99

what are you looking for?
__________________
Matt

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1996 BMW R1100RSL
2001 Triumph Speed Triple
2002 Suzuki SV650 for my 19 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 19 year old
2004 Kawasaki Mojave 250 for my 16 year old
1997 KDX 200 for my 16 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-08-2018, 06:15 PM
flatout111 flatout111 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 165
Default

Well, I'm not a huge fan of yellow and since I can't bring it back to stock since the pink/red plastics are unavailable I may go with white plastic and get graphics like the 19 Ranger. Not a fan of black so white would be way to go.

So, where do you guys recommend getting plastic? And you guys said KX250 94-98 is same plastic and available in white?

Also, who do you think wold do best graphics replicating the Ranger 19 graphic look. Or maybe the 13 EC300 Racing look which had white plastic.

I'm getting it this weekend. If love the bike then I'll prob invest on a new look. Maybe.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:01 PM
jostby jostby is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 743
Default

I thought '99 and '00 plastic was the same? If they are I have a full take-off set including original seat cover from my '00 I'd like to get rid of. Search my posts. Pictures are there, price negotiable.
__________________
jeff

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Zman's Avatar
Zman Zman is offline
Platinum Level Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burbs of Chicago
Posts: 1,330
Default

My 2000 xc300 uses the same plastic as the older bikes.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help with purchase EC300 Rampart General Discussions & Announcements 14 03-20-2017 04:40 PM
looking to purchase a used GasGas wich one? cagiva1 General Discussions & Announcements 12 06-22-2016 05:17 PM
Opinions On Purchase msw1382 General Discussions & Announcements 15 01-13-2015 12:49 PM
EC250 or 300 purchase? tblrk2008 General Discussions & Announcements 7 04-20-2008 10:07 PM
help me decide on purchase loopole General Discussions & Announcements 13 04-05-2008 01:18 AM




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2009 - GasGasRider.org