Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:38 PM

Default 2005 ec 125?

I'm going to look at a 2005 EC 125 in supposedly great shape. Is 2005 a good year for these bikes? I've wanted a GG for a long time, and this would make a nice Christmas present to myself I wanted something light to ride the trails with my son in place of my Husky TE450. Is there anything specific I should check when looking at this bike? I'm a long time small bore guy, so the power difference with my Husky shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks

Old 12-15-2010, 06:29 AM

I have a 2005 MC 125 and it has been a great all round bike in the woods and on the track. They need the ring changed more often than the big bikes, but other than that they are stone reliable. Most chassis parts are the same as the bigger bikes. By far the cheapest bike I have ever owned to maintain. Most of the expensive parts have dropped in price recently as well. Like clutch parts for example. I would just check all the standard items when buying a used bike. Good luck
Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I think an '05 would be a fine bike. I've recently ridden an'07 125, and enjoyed it a lot. It seemed very competitive power wise, and best of all, that wonderful Gas Gas handling.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs