Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Riding Techniques & Training

Riding Techniques & Training Increase Riding Skill, Physical and Mental Training, Weight Loss.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 AM

Respectfully cleaning the airfilter should be done at least on every second ride, would not just save yourself, BUT ALSO THE INTERNALS OF YOUR ENGINE

Old 12-07-2010, 06:46 PM

I used to clean my filter all the time at least evry 2nd ride. Then it dawned on me, why am I changing and cleaing for the most part clean filters? More often than no guys destroy engines not because they suck stuff through the filter but stuff gets by the filter cause it was not seated properly. I also think there is a greater chance of stuff falling into the intake as the filter is changed the more you change your filter.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
That's a worry. Are you saying the engine no longer requires a spark to ignite the incoming mixture?
that is correct. 2 stroke wide open throttle will run with no spark, just burning unburnt fuel from pipe and the residue on top of the piston.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 12-07-2010, 09:41 PM

I'm still not used to the rekluse on my ktm,, now have about 180 miles on it.. I wouldnt ride without the clutch as I have had a bad throttle sticking issue back about 10 years ago left me with 6 shattered ribs. you can get a clake,, brake and clutch in one..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 12-27-2010, 09:31 PM

I'm one of those oldskool guys who recently reintroduced himself to dirtbiking. 2 advancements 1)electric start and 2)Rekluse clutch made me think "I'm not getting this for my wife!". Well how times change. Spent some time on tight technical single track and thought how nice a hot start could be. Then comes the Rekluse, the hot start might not be needed, cause I won't be stalling all the time.
Interesting read on this thread about the Rekluse.
Typically if your hard on your rear brake, would you not pull in the clutch to avoid stalling?
It would be kewl to have both brakes on the handle bars
So why not combine the rear brake and clutch in the same lever?
The top end clutch followed by rear braking action. It'd be great on gnarly hills for a re-start, allowing you too let go of the front brake and use the throttle